Register
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norabitox View Post
    I tried remote clone special copy with this tool.
    It only works once.
    Same results for 6 cars.
    This would be a great tool if it was fully functional.
    You realise you still need to program the remote to the car ?(unless its an old fixed code system)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Some remotes you can do special copy but it's very rare. I succeed once or twice cloning remote for Fiat / Iveco ID48 system.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Anyone got KD-Mate and use VW 4th immo function? Does it really work? I would kike to know how if the VAG servers are closed. And if they found a path, I don't expect it to work for long?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p1et View Post
    Anyone got KD-Mate and use VW 4th immo function? Does it really work? I would kike to know how if the VAG servers are closed. And if they found a path, I don't expect it to work for long?
    I have a tool and a 2010 Golf to do tomorrow which will be immo4 UDS, I can give it a go and report back. But I bet it's a case of data acquisition by OBD then send off to a 3rd party Whatsapp/Wechat contact for immo data.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

p1et (14th September, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Yes, data aquisition by OBD and then calc immo data but I wonder if it really work and how fast is it and what is the cost for calculating immo data from the file we read.

Would be great if you test it and share.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (14th September, 2023)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Yes, data aquisition by OBD and then calc immo data but I wonder if it really work and how fast is it and what is the cost for calculating immo data from the file we read.

Would be great if you test it and share.
    I tested today, I didn't put any money down on either car but I doubt they're pushing this contact without it working.

2008 VW Golf VDO Micronas CDC3217+24C32(7 byte CS) quoted $30USD for immo data.

2010 VW Golf VDO NEC UDS(12 byte CS) quoted $79USD for immo data.

Interestingly it looks like this exceedingly low cost tool will enable service mode by OBD2 for key learning if you have a working key on Immo4 UDS platforms. There's remote programming in menus, but I will say the 'auto recognition' function if you don't know which immo system the car in front of you is using won't help. It didn't work twice for me. I was quoted 30 minutes for both immo data sets.

It's a start and at $79 USD I can see this very handy for the very rare JCI immo4 dashboard we can't do by OBD2 or service mode easily. I might enquire about MQB next time I see one.

Edit: Probably also handy for Micronas + Simos Golf 5s.
    Last edited by Spiritech; 15th September, 2023 at 09:31 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

Manta1600 (16th September, 2023), mjoesen (15th September, 2023), p1et (15th September, 2023)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Oh and I forgot, for the Immo4 UDS variant I had to tell the contact what it was, as he quoted for 7 byte CS first. Out here in Aus we see 1K chassis with immo4 UDS as late as 12. I bet they're only using the VIN to identify your system not the idents from the modules.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Thanks a lot! I have some question though:

1) if we enter menu, there is 'read anti theft data from vehicle' and
    2) Obtain anti theft data through 3rd party.

So your first step was to use No. 1 function and then if you have this file, you enter No. 2 function and they calculate data?

And how they calculate this for Micronas clusters? That is not 4th immo and it's not even in the menu?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Thanks a lot! I have some question though:

1) if we enter menu, there is 'read anti theft data from vehicle' and
    2) Obtain anti theft data through 3rd party.

So your first step was to use No. 1 function and then if you have this file, you enter No. 2 function and they calculate data?

And how they calculate this for Micronas clusters? That is not 4th immo and it's not even in the menu?
    Enter the 2nd function, turn ignition on and it reads the data from the car, saves the file and gives you a QR code with a Whatsapp contact then it gives you a QR code and link for your file to share with the Whatsapp contact. Instructions say pay the man, and he sends back a link to the tool with the immo data file.

I think everybody applies different terms to the immobiliser generations. They're probably lumping everything that requires CS into immo4, or just lazy menu making.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

p1et (16th September, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Ok understand now. So the 1st option is to just read immo data with working key.

Maybe this tool is worth to have, I consider buying it.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    996 Posts

Only interested on MQB add key JC and AKL

never will pay 30 or 79usd for immo4

but if they want 79usd for UDS maybe will ask minimum 200usd for MQB

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    Only interested on MQB add key JC and AKL

never will pay 30 or 79usd for immo4

but if they want 79usd for UDS maybe will ask minimum 200usd for MQB
    I can see this being handy for Micronas dashboard + Simos ECU where neither will spit out PIN or CS by diagnostics like we see on some Golf 1K GTI and commonly on Audi 8P A3. Yes I can strip the cluster and service mode by EEPROM. This is probably less work, do data acquisition come back when you have immo data and learn keys completely by OBD. No risk of losing ABS coding, means you can be off making more money on other cars while waiting for the immo data. Not as good as VAG helper was from a speed or pricing standpoint but it's an option for certain combinations of dashboard and ECU.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    996 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritech View Post
    I can see this being handy for Micronas dashboard + Simos ECU where neither will spit out PIN or CS by diagnostics like we see on some Golf 1K GTI and commonly on Audi 8P A3. Yes I can strip the cluster and service mode by EEPROM. This is probably less work, do data acquisition come back when you have immo data and learn keys completely by OBD. No risk of losing ABS coding, means you can be off making more money on other cars while waiting for the immo data. Not as good as VAG helper was from a speed or pricing standpoint but it's an option for certain combinations of dashboard and ECU.
    I usually need under 10 min to take out the dash and do Service mode whole job is around 30min

If was like OBD helper $5-6 and instant result no problem but $30 and wait or go twice no way

on A3 8P I think that is not possible to lost ABS codind

on the app there is feedback from India about Skoda Superb MQB AKL will be good if they supply immo + synhro data on good price

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Manta1600 For This Useful Post:

wuza (17th September, 2023)

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445