Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500s will not lock on all transponders

My name is Dunner I have two DN500s one works perfectly the other when scanning wont lock on some transponders, I have tries several different images no change, the connection lead from the one that works properly no change when I bought the second box (a clone) I also bought a new tuner for the original box (not a clone) and had it fitted but it is still the very same when I scan I will get a load of BBC1 channels from different areas but not London nor will I get BBC2, BBC3, BBC4 or Film4 it does scan on both H & V and this is while using the same Dish, LNB (fixed dish with quad lnb) Cables and telly one box works properly the other does not pick up all the channels but the channels it does receive are picture perfect. I really need some help with this as I have spent so much time on it many thanks > Dunner.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dunner you have simply asked the same question as you did in your earlier thread. You have 2 of the most helpful people on this Board trying to assist you

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ponders-65620/

I know it gets frustrating at times but have you followed what Curious has said? If you have a box that works "perfectly" take a backup from that and flash to your "imperfect" box. All should, in theory, should be good. If its not then it could be a tuner issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default You are Right

I am new to the Satellite system and I know you are right in what you say it is just that I have been ripped off and it would give me some measure of justice if with the help of others I could get the box going properly sorry for being a pain I have never backed up a system before should I use Dreamup or Flashwizard on a DM500s and I promise I will leave it alone after I let you know how I got on > Dunner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Never used Flashwizard so cannot comment but if you follow the sticky below you should be fine.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ia-telnet-760/

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dunner I am not having a go mate. Take your time and follow the telnet guide any problems post back.

good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

if the telnet method is too complicated for you then stick with Dreamup as that will work just as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
    My name is Dunner I have two DN500s one works perfectly the other when scanning wont lock on some transponders, I have tries several different images no change, the connection lead from the one that works properly no change when I bought the second box (a clone) I also bought a new tuner for the original box (not a clone) and had it fitted but it is still the very same when I scan I will get a load of BBC1 channels from different areas but not London nor will I get BBC2, BBC3, BBC4 or Film4 it does scan on both H & V and this is while using the same Dish, LNB (fixed dish with quad lnb) Cables and telly one box works properly the other does not pick up all the channels but the channels it does receive are picture perfect. I really need some help with this as I have spent so much time on it many thanks > Dunner.
    you need to do a manual transponder scan . google lyngsat for list of transponders and you should find bbc london ch4 etc.when you scan for transponders select manual scan and you can input fec s/r polarity etc
    hope this helps
    http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
    Last edited by andymc1s; 11th November, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The box is as dead as a door nail.

I would like to thank Digital-Kaos and all their members who kindly offerer me their help and support with my DM500s I still think they are a great box but I was lied to all the way and today I discovered that it was a clone not a genuine box (another lie) however this is not the fault of the box and it is gone where all good boxes go. Thank you all for your help > Dunner.

We will be back.