So slow internet!
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default So slow internet!

Can any one explain to me why my wired connection to android tv box h96pro is so slow.I have 100Mbps virgin broadband which reads 100Mbps with oopla on my wired pc but on the android box (again with oopla app) i am getting between 4 and 20 Mbps.Cable run is no more than 8 foot.I have superhub 3.The actual streaming quality aint too bad (buffers now and then) but I cant understand why so slow.Wireless is marginally slower !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Have you checked for any settings on the Android box ?
    On my box there is a setting to choose between a wireless and a wired connection for the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the problem is the lan chip in your box, most h96pro's i have tested have only ever gotten 15-20 at most. i have a 300 connection and my nvidea shield will give me full 300 but the h96pro chip is just not good enough.