Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas9 View Post
    why not make location mandatory?
    ok just to address this point in the uk altering/repairing dashboards is still a very grey area I understand the reasons for not wanting to fully disclose a location , ie knock on the door and being taken away by the boys in blue uniforms. months of being without confiscated equipment (if you ever get it back) fines and jail time . I think most folk have there immediate circle of fellow correctors they speak too either through this great forum or by phone if a problem arises. thank you Tam .
    however sometimes its nice if you get a strange problem to look at a forum and maybe share it in case others have come across it , occasionally a fresh perspective solves a problem.
    I know with my post count I may be classed as a part timer that's because im semi retired having been in this business for longer than I want to remember.
    many times ive gone to post and then rereading what ive typed thought better of it , we all help as much as we can or try too.
    as regards leeching well that happens everywhere , one thing that can annoy is when someone keeps posting wanting 10k or 25k and so on on the same dump we all make mistakes but I have seen several posts with maybe 5 or more mileages required in the posts and I really feel that some of you have the patience of saints when responding to them.

all I can say is it is up to all of us to maybe have a little more give and maybe less take and to keep up the good work

and merry Christmas all

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evss For This Useful Post:

dashradio (21st May, 2019), gtdfd (22nd December, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding the help of newbies, how can I help you if I'm a noob? How will my lineage help me? People from other countries do not help))) Guys, do not be offended by my words, but you yourself created this forum like this. Users no longer ask. They order to change their projects. Of course, they will not stay on the forum, because they do not even want to understand this, but for those who need help, you can help only by doing it yourself, afraid to tell their secrets. sorry if I offended someone. I did not want this

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Well, I understand that it is a problem to be giving information to users who only ask and do not give anything in return. I do not consider myself that, I ask a lot, it's true, but I've also tried to give my point of view by responding to some messages from other users within my knowledge and what I've learned here. Actually, if I had to pay a fee to be in DK, I would gladly pay it, even if only for the good that many members of this forum have done with me. Knowledge is power, who has power chooses to share it or not. After all, everything is reduced to altruism.
    Shortly I will open some post about ECU of motocicles, some works that I have done myself. It is the most I can contribute, in the world of dash I am very new.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spantor For This Useful Post:

jomberykaso (30th May, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I agree to op. I’m fresh member, but I value this comunity and the knowladge it provides, people who just try to gain money from others work deserves ban. In my mind we have to work as a team and having those acational post when user just post dump with one sentence “pls, help, my car odo is bad” have to stop. I see this as a problem and I think that only fresh users or newbies do this.

Sugestion: maybe limit posting for newbies...
    If I helped you, feel free to drop me that sweet sweet +1 thank you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeryFastSnail For This Useful Post:

jomberykaso (3rd June, 2019), Meat-Head (2nd June, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

[QUOTE = VeryFastSnail; 3591325] Concordo em op. Eu sou membro novo, mas eu valorizo ​​esta comunidade e o knowladge que ela oferece, pessoas que apenas tentam ganhar dinheiro com outros trabalhos merecem banimento. Em minha mente, temos que trabalhar em equipe e ter esses posts quando o usuário apenas postar com uma frase “pls, help, meu carro odo é ruim” tem que parar. Eu vejo isso como um problema e acho que apenas usuários novos ou novatos fazem isso.

Sugestão: talvez limitar postagens para iniciantes ... [/ QUOTE]

VeryFastSnail ,you could be the first to be banned

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,267 Posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONLINE CAR FILE EDITION SERVICE

SERVICIOS DE EDICION DE ARCHIVOS AUTOMOTRICES

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pierre renault View Post
    [QUOTE = VeryFastSnail; 3591325] Concordo em op. Eu sou membro novo, mas eu valorizo ​​esta comunidade e o knowladge que ela oferece, pessoas que apenas tentam ganhar dinheiro com outros trabalhos merecem banimento. Em minha mente, temos que trabalhar em equipe e ter esses posts quando o usuário apenas postar com uma frase “pls, help, meu carro odo é ruim” tem que parar. Eu vejo isso como um problema e acho que apenas usuários novos ou novatos fazem isso.

Sugestão: talvez limitar postagens para iniciantes ... [/ QUOTE]

I try to give something to this comunity.
    If I helped you, feel free to drop me that sweet sweet +1 thank you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VeryFastSnail For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (3rd June, 2019)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pierre renault View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryFastSnail View Post
    I try to give something to this comunity.
    Eh rules state no flaming new members, and from what I see very fast snail seems quite decent and useful new member

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

VeryFastSnail (3rd June, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Come on guys. We know perfectly well that few users of this forum have authentic good knowledge. I study vehicle electronics but this world changes constantly, even more if they are programming jobs.
    I think the exchange of information in this forum is very important. Help us could avoid possible "damage" in poorly done jobs. The knowledge that some members have could be valuable to others. However, if I agree that users from time to time help and comment in the forums, if the reason to be here is simply to gather information, I think it is better not to be.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spantor For This Useful Post:

VeryFastSnail (4th June, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If people ask for help on this site to help them fix cars so they can make some money then it seems fair enough that the helpers make a few quid at the same time.

can that be set up or not? maybe a poster asks for help and 3 people are allowed to bid for the 'job' and the 'noob' takes the best offer and pays for his help.

i'm a 'noob' and i would be happy to pay for anything that helps me make a living.
    Last edited by johnnyh33; 30th September, 2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: addition

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnyh33 For This Useful Post:

jomberykaso (1st October, 2019), MileageAudit5 (4th October, 2019)

DK Veteran
    putting salt on leeches, one grain at a time!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts

First two posts 5 stars , and the reason i went ghost on the forums. But its great more work in RND new hardware software methods etc. Well to the greats cheers.

Reading is fundamental, asking is easy............................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi im a newbie to site and forums in general,
    Have read through this thread and i do understand where you guys are coming from as have read few other threads and it does seem people demanding info and not really participating i recently have starting venturing into car softwares and brought smok as been recommended as one of the better machines to use.
    What im saying is not everyone new is just here for that one specific thing

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnner View Post
    Hi all,

It appears that there is an endemic problem with this particular forum..

People are breezing in here...throwing a file in...want it done while they're having a coffee,providing very little to no information about it,and just generally having no common manners about it...

Then,on occasion,throwing a hissy fit 20 mins later when no-one has edited the file for them

These people have generally a considerable "Please help me" post count,with no working relationships with anyone here....ie...they're not prepared to help other people out when they need it

From here on in,these types of posts will be binned,and if that member persists with these types of posts...they will be booted from this Site

I think it's only fair that we should all expect some level of reciprocity here...ie....I scratch your back..you scratch mine ?

Guys,it's a community that works both ways for everybody...not just take,take,take

Best Regards
    You are right but try to apply what you are talking about here.....because there are a lot of leeches here even "veteran" leeches.

Dk team (adm, moderators, etc ) don't apply all rules here, they only edit the posts when someone put his email there . (No addys ).... I think I could do a good job or a better job in this great forum.

I have nothing against you Johnner.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONLINE CAR FILE EDITION SERVICE

SERVICIOS DE EDICION DE ARCHIVOS AUTOMOTRICES

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jomberykaso For This Useful Post:

rafal (10th February, 2020)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I want to praise this Forum and support it to survive as long as possible. I learned a lot from him. But by reading a lot and putting the dice together. This job is constantly being learned and little literature is mostly learned from experience. And someone doesn't want to share the experience because they all learned like my children when I give them something to read and learn. They say: tell me briefly. Because they learned to get everything quickly and immediately. It took me many years to learn something and I do not do this profession professionally. But I’m a big hobby Electronics Engineer. I repair electrical appliances very well. I try to transfer my knowledge, so I write a post. I hope I'm not embarrassed ....
    In essence, the forums provide knowledge in parts and one job can be done in several ways, which is correct?
    My opinion is that it should work as follows:
    Someone who needs help: Must upload the original file with the correct printout. How he read it, what tool, what type of car, all the data from the sticker of that part. And only then can he get an explanation of how to do it with which programs, emulators, calculators .....
    And if he fails like that, he can get a dump as an aid.
    In this way, new (inexperienced) members are forced to learn, share their experiences.
    So if they fail as an aid they end up getting a file or a dump.
    This will drive away those annoying ones who are just looking for dumps.
    For professionals who charge for their work every day, it is normal to have a membership on professional sites. Until we amateurs become professionals, we must seek help ... and give thanks

Short posts should be avoided. Experienced members find it tedious but often lose their essence.
    It took me a long time (years) to figure out what, how, where .... all the information was in small pieces. That is why it took a long time for everything to settle down and understand the essence. And I just scratched the surface ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

it's in worse in "airbag" forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast