Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default E60 N52 Virginize questions

Hello everyone,

since this is my first thread i will try to make it right.

I have an 530i N52 02/2006 and my old dme got short circuit due to moisture and didn't wanted to start anymore.
    I've got a new used DME which have the same part number as the original but now my guy where i sent both to so he can clone them say that he cant get access to my old one.

Now i found this forum and got new hope because he could virgin the replacement. But another problem is, that the ecu data belongs to a n52b25 e90 so there need to be an update, too.

My questions are:
    1. Where do i get a dump that works with my car? Do it need to be from a 530 or is 330 works as well, as long as its from n52b30?
    2. Which program does he need to virginize it? And how is it done?
    3. I would like to do it my myself because i would like to start mapping cars and other stuff. Which equipment(cable/sw) should i get for beginning?

The DME is MSV70 and number 5wk98084.

I hope i questioned everything and thanks y'all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Ktag to begin my journey but couldn't read my old dme out. Nevermind this looked horrible and didnt had any hopes with it.
    My new used DME for replace it worked fine with ktag. Got a bunch of files but no i'm stuck with my question No2. Which program can do the job?

Maybe somebody can do it for me? I uploaded it here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhutP2qmVzYuj9cCaBrVbPSI9Q32ug

Just want the car to start again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

autohex, bmw explorer make this easy job. Can also do in dump but is not as easy. Post dump of dme and cas

Thanks and rep if helped