Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Bush 50211F Stuck in standby

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but coudln't find a TV fault section

I have a Bush 50211F 50 inch TV

It has just turned 4 years old and has been my primary TV for Sky and 19.2

I noticed a few weeks ago it got stuck in standby but by turning it off and on again at the plug it worked again.

However after getting home from work last night the TV would not go out of standby mode.

I turned it off and on again at the plug multiple times it still was stuck in stand by. Tried from the remote and the buttons on the tv itself.

I then googled the symptoms but the only fix I could find was hold the stand by button for 30 seconds unplug the tv whilst still holding the button then plug it back in and it was meant to reset it or something but that did not work either.

Somebody else mentioned it could be the power supply but would the power supply be faulty if the TV is still getting power to go into standby? I also opened the TV last night and theres no bulging capicitors to be seen.

The TV is just showing a solid red light theres no blinking codes or anything.

Does anybody have any pointers on where would be a good place to look next to get this TV fixed?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Cool, see if got readable EEPROM, back up fill with 00

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Cool, see if got readable EEPROM, back up fill with 00
    Cheers

How would I program and back up the EEPROM? Would I need to desolder it from the board?

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

ALWAYS best to remove off board.

someimes you can buy EEPROM off ebay ready to go if it helps, or take to local car radio decider or milage IN-correction expert for help

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

First thing is to visually check the capacitors on the circuit board to see if any have bulged top or show signs of leakage very common fault on Tv's - google blown cap for info Also I expect the Bush Tv (Argos brand name now they own the name) is a re badge set made by another company might find the fault section that way? example try seeing if its the same as a Digihome, finlux or one of currys labels?
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (12th July, 2018)