Register
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gnege View Post
    But do someone know if can update if i uninstall HBC and bootmii and have a patched ios36?
    update to what? if you mean 4.3 the dont do it its gonna make it hard to mod if thats what you want to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 4.2 safe update

Quote Originally Posted by ck-ok View Post
    Isn't there a file that internet connection is not required to safe update 4.2.
    I succesfully softmoded a black wii with v 4.2E , but when I insert an original disk game it will not play unless I update the system.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is Uloader giving the message: "ERROR: Can't Mount Device"? . The way around it is to disconnect and reconnect the usb stick and then it works, but I have to do it everytime, is it normal?

Thanks for your support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by alfblant View Post
    Isn't there a file that internet connection is not required to safe update 4.2.
    I succesfully softmoded a black wii with v 4.2E , but when I insert an original disk game it will not play unless I update the system.

Thanks
    being on 4.2 does not mean no game will want to update,what game is it?
    have you got the stick plugged in the right hand side socket or the bottom one if its lying down?
    Last edited by ck-ok; 10th August, 2010 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there,

I just got a black Wii for my son for his b-day. It is on 4.2E. I read a lot about softmodding the Wii, but there are still unclear things about it. Can I softmod the 4.2E and play burned discs? I heard & read, that the black ones can only be modded to play the ISO from external USB or HDD drives. I would prefer both solution at once, but don't know if that is possible.

BrickBlocker: should I run the downloaded ISOs, independent from PAL/NTSC versions, through it? I already D/L-ed some PAL games, but I fear they might update the device to 4.3.

Thanks for answering the questions of a newbie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tr00p3r_HUN View Post
    Hi there,

I just got a black Wii for my son for his b-day. It is on 4.2E. I read a lot about softmodding the Wii, but there are still unclear things about it. Can I softmod the 4.2E and play burned discs? I heard & read, that the black ones can only be modded to play the ISO from external USB or HDD drives. I would prefer both solution at once, but don't know if that is possible.

BrickBlocker: should I run the downloaded ISOs, independent from PAL/NTSC versions, through it? I already D/L-ed some PAL games, but I fear they might update the device to 4.3.

Thanks for answering the questions of a newbie.
    the only way to play both media is to buy a new dvd drive,there is no discs containing 4.3 at the moment. brickblocker will help but you would be better to install preloader to block disc and online updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

being on 4.2 does not mean no game will want to update,what game is it?
    have you got the stick plugged in the right hand side socket or the bottom one if its lying down?
    The original disk game is lego harry potter, and the stick is always plugged into the right hand socket (socket 0), but the only way for uloader to mount the iso is by unplugging and plugging back the stick everytime i want to restart any game.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by alfblant View Post
    The original disk game is lego harry potter, and the stick is always plugged into the right hand socket (socket 0), but the only way for uloader to mount the iso is by unplugging and plugging back the stick everytime i want to restart any game.

Thanks
    install priiloader to block disc updates and online updates this tut will show you how http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...loader-109168/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the only way to play both media is to buy a new dvd drive,there is no discs containing 4.3 at the moment. brickblocker will help but you would be better to install preloader to block disc and online updates
    OK, thanks! Just one remark: sometimes you mention preloader and sometimes it's priiloader. Are there two different applications? I really don't want to mess up the 5 days old black Wii....

Edit: in the meantime I read more, and found the answer to my question....
    Last edited by tr00p3r_HUN; 11th August, 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wii softmode 4.3E

Any ideas on how and where to get this? I have a Wii which is upgraded to version 4.3E and my Softmode is for 4.2 and do not work on this Wii version 4.3E???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Upload

I can't use the link? Any new ways to get hold of this? I've been told that it can fix a Wii 4.3E? Or should I try any new Softmodes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What would be the best way to mod a console that is currently on 3.3, use the safe 4.2 updater and then run this one??

Many thanks for any help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Errors when running Wad manager

Guys,

This is my first time attempting this. I installed the homebrew & bootmii through bannerbomb no probs.(My system 4.2E) I have copied pack to sd card and launched in homebrew channel. I think I may have made an error by using yet another wad manager & deleting the wads from the sd card rather than wad manager. So I reloaded the card with the pack and started again, this time using the correct wad manager but none of the files were found, in MMM i try to install the necessary wads but this doesn't work I get an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wii problem continued

To explain a little better than my last post-

I got to section 7) Without any problems, but did not find the mentioned wads 222,223 any of them.

Did 7.1 any title deleter nothing in system titles and couldn't find a folder named 'other system files' so checked all menu items abd nothing there either.

Section 8 I accidently went to yet another wad manager, and deleted the files I was looking for from teh SD card i.e 222,223 etc.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong & how I rectify this?

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by desmondo View Post
    To explain a little better than my last post-

I got to section 7) Without any problems, but did not find the mentioned wads 222,223 any of them.

Did 7.1 any title deleter nothing in system titles and couldn't find a folder named 'other system files' so checked all menu items abd nothing there either.

Section 8 I accidently went to yet another wad manager, and deleted the files I was looking for from teh SD card i.e 222,223 etc.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong & how I rectify this?

Cheers
    ok the homebrew channel is working so format your sd card and reload the card with the files you want and start from number 1 again,dont worry that youv'e already done it you can just write over the top of the other files