Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmautoman View Post
    I would say just one thing ...
    Abrites is in Bulgeria but the prices are from Monaco... I will not invest more money in this company. The Abrites in full version I belive only thieves can afford....
    That's only my opinion...

Mine you there's alot of people who code keys for a fiver.
    So when buying expensive kit, there's no money in the bank.

Saying that, if there is a cheaper alternative, then yeah great.

Prices are what they are, buy or don't buy. Free world
    No need to stress

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmautoman View Post
    I would say just one thing ...
    Abrites is in Bulgeria but the prices are from Monaco... I will not invest more money in this company. The Abrites in full version I belive only thieves can afford....
    That's only my opinion...
    back when abrites was number 1 , nobody could come close to their coverage on VAG , Fiat , BMW , Mercedes , PSA , Vauxhall , Mitsubishi , even nissan and renault held distinct advantages , ford sadly has never been more than adequate though , abrites were developing the new coverage a long while before anyone else giving its users a distinct advantage over their competition , in fact my abrites paid for itself on fiat alone in no time , as well as psa and vauxhall , there was a time the full deal was dearer , ie you got less for your money , but it was very easy to get payback on the tool as it was simply the best tool on the market with the best late model coverage giving users big advantages, it was mainly auto locksmiths buying it as it gave them advantages and made earning simple .

then it went sour , for some reason development slowed to a trickle then , to what we have now it has almost halted , bugs not being fixed , new bugs appearing after update and the licence jiggles on vag making previously working functions now not work unless a new licence is purchased, sqeezing long term customers for more money by paying again for what they used to own , then they removed bmw offline software alienating many more , their lack of new coverage development has allowed others to catch up including china offerings and some have surpassed abrites coverage which was once unheard of .

so at present it may not be the best option as cheaper options exist for same coverage , this wasnt always the case , when they lead the way and the advantages they gave us allowed us to get payback and profit fairly easily , so the full deal was once affordable and was guaranteed to pay back , sadly these days are gone , whether they ever come back depends on whether abrites get any more developers i suspect and if they can keep their long standing customers , sadly they seem intent on alienating and losing their existing customers as they struggle to find new ways to squeeze a little more money from them .

i certainly wouldnt advise abrites to new guys today , but there was a time id have advised them to buy as much as they can afford or borrow from the bank to buy as was great kit guaranteeing anyone who knew their stuff payback and profit , just another example of how no one stays number 1 for ever , and stay number 1 even less time if they alienate and lose the trust of their customers.

i cant say i regret buying abrites , as i dont , its been a fantastic tool and has made me a very very good living for many years , it owes me nothing , i still use it daily and it still makes money for me , despite the current issues it is still a very decent tool , and still has the potential to get back on top , so i have no issues with the tool , the issues seem now to be the company owners , the lack of development , the licence jiggling and the complete contempt they show to their customers , it is these owners/management that are letting down their tool and their investors and customers alike , the tool will only continue if they change their ways .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 5th September, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

arnou (19th July, 2020), BeatsByMe (21st April, 2020), darknezz19 (12th November, 2019), fred77 (19th February, 2020), henal (28th November, 2019), honda1200 (28th September, 2019), jmautoman (6th September, 2019), line44 (4th December, 2020), Meat-Head (5th September, 2019), nickolasd (16th November, 2020), qwojtus (20th November, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

What is this ?

Release date 5th December 2019.

We would also like to introduce 2 BRAND NEW products:

(FMS) Full maintenance subscription - 1-year subscription that includes all of the special functions released during that year as well as AMS and SPS - 2 450 EUR

(KMS) Key maintenance subscription - 1-year subscription that includes all of the special functions related to key programming released during that year as well as
    AMS and SPS - 1 600 EUR

Please note that in order for a customer to purchase a Full maintenance subscription (FMS), they need to have an AVDI Full v18 active and if they want to purchase a Key maintenance subscription (KMS), they need to have an AVDI Key v12 active

This means that if you only have one brand on your VCI from AVDI. Like Volvo or Nissan or something. For key programming.
    You need to pay 1600EURO in one year, to get updates and AMS and SPS.

If this is true, it is totally crazy. I hope not.
    Maybe someone can confirm the facts.

The tool could be alright to have in the basket.
    Doing well on specific brands.
    But if it is true what I am reading. It is a total turn off.

EDIT:
    Wait I read this:
    Please note that in order for a customer to purchase a Full maintenance subscription (FMS), they need to have an AVDI Full v18 active and if they want to purchase a Key maintenance subscription (KMS), they need to have an AVDI Key v12 active

So it is only for the customers who have every brand activated.

So how much is it.
    One years AMS and SPS.
    Having only a couple of licenses.
    Last edited by Weasel3; 8th January, 2020 at 06:52 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

in uk ams is £199 plus tax , then gets more expensive if wanting a support package , extended warranty etc , its 200 euros for basic ams in europe if your current ams is under 31 days expired more if expired longer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (8th January, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel3 View Post
    What is this ?

Release date 5th December 2019.

We would also like to introduce 2 BRAND NEW products:

(FMS) Full maintenance subscription - 1-year subscription that includes all of the special functions released during that year as well as AMS and SPS - 2 450 EUR

(KMS) Key maintenance subscription - 1-year subscription that includes all of the special functions related to key programming released during that year as well as
    AMS and SPS - 1 600 EUR

This means that if you only have one brand on your VCI from AVDI. Like Volvo or Nissan or something. For key programming.
    You need to pay 1600EURO in one year, to get updates and AMS and SPS.

If this is true, it is totally crazy. I hope not.
    Maybe someone can confirm the facts.

The tool could be alright to have in the basket.
    Doing well on specific brands.
    But if it is true what I am reading. It is a total turn off.

EDIT:
    Wait I read this:

So it is only for the customers who have every brand activated.

So how much is it.
    One years AMS and SPS.
    Having only a couple of licenses.
    If that's the case they can pay my money back what I've spent and take there tool back, this AMS is a bunch of bull crap.. ams should be free and only pay for what u want. There is so much competition in this world now with this kinda work it's not worth spending that type of money..

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

welcome to the world of abrities..............

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

AMS itself is not that expensive , 200 euros for the year , this gives you updates , sometimes new licences , bug fixes and use of their online servers which is necessary for some licences , i pay a bit more than this as i have extended warranty as well , and of course im in uk so always dearer than europe.

the figures refered to in the post are not ams costs , these are for people that have full avdi already only , if they pay these new schemes it includes all new software and licences they release in the comming year rather than have to buy the new licences , so its a prebuy scheme.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

fred77 (29th February, 2020)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Is there any othertool on the market that can cover option for the AVDI:
    MN026-Key Programming, EIS/ESL/DAS Manager/7-Gear ETC/ISM/IR and password reader/Personalization/Activation/Coding
    MN027-Abrites FBS4 Manager
    BN012 - Advanced coding functionality (BMW Coding and vin change)
    PO009-Module Adaptation (Porsche)
    VN002 - Parts Adaptation Special Function (VAG)

I am really ready to get these tool but after reading these topic It made me realy think.
    what I need is a tool that I can use to program used modules on these vehicles. For Mercedes Im intrested in the Transmision ecu,For BMW in sound sistem and transmission.VAG airbag modules mostly.
    So I was thinking about these and having the AVDI copatible with ODIS and Xentry diagnosis would help a lot.
    But right now I'm kinda confused and really not know what should I doo....

Any advice would be much apreciated
    If It helps you try push the: Thanks and REP
    I do the same each time it helps.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts

If you were working up to 2020 without these licences, you do not need any tool for adaptation. Stay in your current trade and be happy.
    Guided fault finding = Feature that many factory scan-tools have and real technician despise it.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavra View Post
    If you were working up to 2020 without these licences, you do not need any tool for adaptation. Stay in your current trade and be happy.
    The market is changing and need to adapt... otherwise customers move away and it will be difficult to get them back...
    So I need to get something so I can keep my customers
    If It helps you try push the: Thanks and REP
    I do the same each time it helps.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have been working with abrites for about 14 years. A lot has been done. Of course, I don't like the manufacturer's policy very much. Especially their support. After all, the device is expensive. But the device works out its investment. What it does well. Something bad. This can be said about all devices. I would buy it now. Probably not. But there is one. That's why I keep making money with it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts

i always look at clones for reference
    - this forum nocks Abrites yet can't b 2 bad otherwise clones wouldn't' exist (FVDI and yes VVDI)

people who don't make money are those who blame tool for their own failings

--------------------

joined tech support don't like it but hay - hopefully help
    Last edited by fred77; 4th November, 2020 at 04:36 AM.
    Solidarity with Ukraine

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

There is a universy deal. 799euro, interface and protag, and case.That is the starter package. Is ams included?I am still waiting for a appreciating old customer deal!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rob h For This Useful Post:

fred77 (19th November, 2020)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Abrites avdi is the best , svci 2020 is a crap, only fvdi 2014 which is the best clone of abrites and the most stable.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob h View Post
    There is a universy deal. 799euro, interface and protag, and case.That is the starter package. Is ams included?I am still waiting for a appreciating old customer deal!
    it's too late , promo is ending , 1350€ today

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast