Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

i tried for renew TCU C class 2006 on the bench , renew Done
    But after write EIS dump for personalization , Hash data Is defective.
    anyone can help me ? Is there a solution ?
    Part number : 0034460310 Siemens
    VGS72/73
    Last edited by Frankcar; 14th August, 2021 at 04:47 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I am very happy I never ever bought albrites, thank you guys. Also for what are you using it, we are making 5-10 car keys every day and we do not have albrites. Is it something it can do that no other tool can??

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baddaren View Post
    I am very happy I never ever bought albrites, thank you guys. Also for what are you using it, we are making 5-10 car keys every day and we do not have albrites. Is it something it can do that no other tool can??

All New Dacia , All new Renault , All New PSA Opel .... if you're not in France , if you're no need to do all job ... Buy AUTEL im , it's enough for work like all Beer Locksmiths !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TERMINATOR1000 For This Useful Post:

baddaren (2nd March, 2022), Keyim (2nd March, 2022)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

beer locksmiths . Who the hell wants to live in france

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

It is true that other tools have caught up with abrites on many functions , its advantages are far less today than they were in the past , especially as some have copied it , vvdi wouldnt be the tool it is today without first copying abrites .

ive had abrites over 12 years , and it paid back very quickly as there was a point it did far more than any other tool on vag , fiat , psa , opel , bmw , mercedes etc , these were the times where users got payback quickly.

it may not have as many advantages as it once had , but it is still the best and my go to tool on psa , renault , opel , fiat etc , nothing else for me is as good on these .

it is harder today for new users to get quick payback as we did in the past , but if you see enough of the newer psa renault and fiat then payback is quicker.

it has its negatives and as a company they do alienate loyal customers , but as a tool its still at the top of the tree for now at least , as todays top tool is often next years dust catcher , but not yet.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

baddaren (2nd March, 2022), eliet2000 (17th March, 2023), Keyim (2nd March, 2022)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TERMINATOR1000 View Post
    All New Dacia , All new Renault , All New PSA Opel .... if you're not in France , if you're no need to do all job ... Buy AUTEL im , it's enough for work like all Beer Locksmiths !
    Thank you all, I will take a look at Dacia, Renault , PSA and opel. All thow I do not feel like a Beer Locksmith. By now I have invested 300 000 GRP in machines and stock. Car application list for albrites, I find in albrites homepage?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hello , All New Dacia , All new Renault , All New PSA Opel. Can you please give me an example where AVDI is the only way? Maybe I am stupid, but I can not find anything. How do you guys know what you can do for cars with AVDI? I have smart pro and TDB1000, both have sort of car application lists. My keys Pro and diagnostic box, great info.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I do have lots of other programmers to. I work with OBD and e prom. So far I have tryed to avoid Londsdor K518, not honest, changing the rules all the time. Abrites, very very expensive. Better to avoid if you can. So far, no one of the people that says AVDI is great. But they could not say why . What is it it can do that no other kit can? I estimate I can do some 90% of all Cars, if stretching it I could probably do 95% of all existing car keys with remotes. But it is no idea, for example. making volvo remotes before 2007 I need volvo dice/vida, orginal key and abonement on volvo server. I would make very little money on that volvo key, or I am I wrong????

11. The Following User Says Thank You to baddaren For This Useful Post:

Keyim (2nd March, 2022)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Hello , All New Dacia , All new Renault , All New PSA Opel. Can you please give me an example where AVDI is the only way? Maybe I am stupid, but I can not find anything. How do you guys know what you can do for cars with AVDI? I have smart pro and TDB1000, both have sort of car application lists. My keys Pro and diagnostic box, great info.
    Now that you mention it I guess Abrites does not have a coverage list like the competition. Not that I know of.

I know that before they moved the site to the new domain (the one from the shop) they had some info on all manufacturers like the fuctions they offer or types of immo systems they cover but nothing like the list for example Autel offers. The closest thing was the table for Mercedes coverage by chasis model they put out once they released the OBD/IR key password reading for FBS3 but I can not find even that on the site aymore.

I am assuming they do not have such list since (at least from my experience) they often release function that do not cover 100% of the models they adverise and usualy they demand addition payment for new licenses for the remaining vehicles once they crack (or nowadays buy) the remaining systems.

Examples of this are the MeganeIII/Scenic Hitag 2 key card programing where there was the first license for models 2008-2014 but that did not cover the 2015 model year. Once they got the software working for the 2015 model year they requred a new license for it. Later they combined the licenses for those and both older and newer cars but if you still have the old 2008-2014 license you have to pay if you want to do a 2015 year Scenic for example.

Another example is MQB key programming that they advertised as "FIRST IN THE WORLD". They offered the Continetal 2014+ dash under one license and when they released the Continetal 2012-2013 dash they wanted an aditional payment. Not to mention the horrid 20 euro token price for JCI and Virtual cockpit CS calculation.

I think that they are keeping it vague intentionaly so that less knowlegeble / experienced people assume a greater coverage that what it accualy is.

I myself assumed several times that a model is covered and not working properly because the software is buggy only to be suprised with an aditional lisence a few years later for that exact model.
    For exaple the Iveco van shares the same platform like the Fiat Ducato, Citroen Jumpe, Peugeot Boxer. They all have the same M. Marelli BCM and use the same Hitag2 7946 key. PCB and everything. Now a couple of times i got 2016+ Ivecos that i was not able to program via OBD with AVDI. I was still able to program keys via OBD for Ducato/Jumper/Boxer 2016+ without issues. Iveco 2016+ still has the same key and a M.Marelli BCM so I assumed, like any rational human would, that it must be a bug. Imagine my suprise when i saw a couple of years later the 2016+ Iveco software advertised as a new brekthrough and priced together with Gulia software as 1600 euro. Now I do not know the current price since I do not have any plans to buy it but I imagine it has only gone up it they combined the license with newer stuff.

About your question of how we know what AVDI covers, I am speaking only for myself here but I am assuming a lot of peaople do it like this. It is a combination of experience with the device and keeping up with the news on the site. Nothing much to it. Still if a 2000euro programer covers it , you can expect AVDI to cover it as well. But they are not as open with the shortcomings. Only to find the right license it will takes a little bit of time. (Except Honda. AVDI is bad with Honda. But i think the honda software is still free.)

Long story short, do not trust the adverites covered models without a transparent and easily confirmable coverage list.
    Last edited by askkey; 1st March, 2022 at 11:16 PM. Reason: correcting typos

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to askkey For This Useful Post:

baddaren (2nd March, 2022), Keyim (2nd March, 2022)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I do have lots of other programmers to. I work with OBD and e prom. So far I have tryed to avoid Londsdor K518, not honest, changing the rules all the time. Abrites, very very expensive. Better to avoid if you can. So far, no one of the people that says AVDI is great. But they could not say why . What is it it can do that no other kit can? I estimate I can do some 90% of all Cars, if stretching it I could probably do 95% of all existing car keys with remotes. But it is no idea, for example. making volvo remotes before 2007 I need volvo dice/vida, orginal key and abonement on volvo server. I would make very little money on that volvo key, or I am I wrong????

You are right. To my knowledge nowhere on the abrites site says that Volvos below MY2007 are unsupported. It only says that 2008+ Hitag2 cars are supporter and from that you have to extrapolate that everything else in not supported. That is one of the more straightforward examples. More often you will find a situation where you can not guess what works and what does not work without a ton of knowlege and research and even then you can get caught offguard.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to askkey For This Useful Post:

baddaren (2nd March, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KEYTH View Post
    beer locksmiths . Who the hell wants to live in france
    I guess the French ppl :-)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thank You ASKKEY and RAPID, You are both great. Thank you for the help and support. I am now at a stage, when buying new tool I look at a specific car or sometimes car brand. Bought the Barracuda for johnsson dashboard (MQB). I am going to try to stay away from AVDI, the way it discriminates old customers and try squeeze money, it does not feel serious. Little crook company. After buying SKP1000 with free updates for life, Lonsdor K518 qualifies under crook company too.You can not trust them. I will try to avoid these. There are also bigger companies trying to do some money squeze, SILCA. Silca Futura Cost 12000GRP in sweden and 6000GRP in the USA, 50% cheaper. Price varies, depending what country you are in. I tried to sell Silca UNICODE 399 from sweden to the UK. The Locksmith that bought the machine in the UK tried to update silca key program in the UK, silca refused. Had to ship the machine back to sweden. Silca Have regions! Is that legal? I have both keyline and silca electronic key machines. With keyline it is no problem. Thanks

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol but have you asked them... I would say 608, tdb1000, and vvdi's

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KEYTH For This Useful Post:

baddaren (5th March, 2022)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol but have you asked them... I would say 608, zedfull, tdb1000, and vvdi's

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

you will find that many tool makers look for money squeezes these days , ilco has just upset their usa customers for trying to sell equipment into their customers customers , silca inventing new ways to sqeeze money out of their AD customers , many items previously free to use now need tokens , many new models require 2 tokens , abrites constantly taking offline functionality away from you , splitting licences etc , even the chinese are moving away from abandoning tools to an annual subs system .
    The majority of diag suppliers will sell to anyone that pays , none have your interests in mind .

no matter where or what you buy they will all shaft you at some point down the line .

abrites is still a good buy on some makes and model , as is smart pro , as is autel as is tdb etc , but at some point each will frustrate you .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

baddaren (5th March, 2022)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast