Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to programm second hand Audi key

Hi, does anyone know how to program a second hand Audi key (IMMOBILISER, TRANSPONDER). I got this senond hand key from ebay which has been used in 2003 Audi A4 (part no. 8z0 433.92 MHz). My car is Audi A3 2001 (part no.40D 433.92 MHz). Need I get a new transponder ?

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Keys

No you have to read pin from im*o and then you can program again both keys. If you have not pin you need for example vag commander to reveal pin and then with this tool or simple vag com program keys.
    It takes one minute...

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erikfrog View Post
    No you have to read pin from im*o and then you can program again both keys. If you have not pin you need for example vag commander to reveal pin and then with this tool or simple vag com program keys.
    It takes one minute...

You need a new transponder chip inside the flip part of the key, second hand chips will not code into another car, also the codeson the back of the remotes need to match or the second hand one will not code to your car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaull22 View Post
    You need a new transponder chip inside the flip part of the key, second hand chips will not code into another car, also the codeson the back of the remotes need to match or the second hand one will not code to your car.
    Yes, I've heart same info. You will need new transponder. Something like this:
    TRANSPONDER 48 CRYPTO VW SKODA SEAT AUDI (834579288) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

A little bit less than 10 euro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

most vehicle locksmiths can unlock most non can id48 chips as long as they are magic 2 and not magic 1.