Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vxdiag nano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi Folks!

I did a accidental update inside the VXManager and i brick my VXdiag, can someone here help me sending the bootloader and the dump file for VW ODIS?

The symptons is: WIFI is gone and it not appearing and the USB connection is nothing working anymore. The devices recognize on computer manager as "USB Serial Converter" normaly, but when i try to connect on it, the CONN LED turns off..

Thanks for all help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tricore View Post
    hello Jarecki PL and where I can download the bootloader.
    From working vxdiag, but like i said, there is (STM32F407) with security level 1. You have to hack MCU something like this https://www.aisec.fraunhofer.de/en/F...rotection.html

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveU View Post

Edit:
    Ok, tested by myself.
    Passtru is also limited, with a VCX Nano IDS (Ford/Mazda) it is impossible to use Xentry.
    But i read in another forum VCX Nano VW (5054 Emu) work with Xentry.
    Sorry for bringing up and old post, just seen this.
    I have used the Ford/Mazda version with Xentry no problem, but you need the passthru version of Xentry software though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WRX 14 For This Useful Post:

Stelaras26 (22nd April, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WRX 14 View Post
    Sorry for bringing up and old post, just seen this.
    I have used the Ford/Mazda version with Xentry no problem, but you need the passthru version of Xentry software though.
    HAve you managed to do any coding as all I seem to be able to do with mine is diagnostics but thats maybe becuase I can only get access to online SCN and not found a way around it to do offline

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dboyd2374 View Post
    HAve you managed to do any coding as all I seem to be able to do with mine is diagnostics but thats maybe becuase I can only get access to online SCN and not found a way around it to do offline
    I've certainly managed to 'adapt' a renewed ecu to a W220 s-class with it, a lot of the coding things need done online SCN.
    Can depend on vehicle year, and i believe it also depends on the software version too and your licensing like if having developer mode etc...
    Don't really remember and now i'm using a genuine tool with new software 2019.03, anytime i come across any coding i cannot do then just have a friend do online SCN.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WRX 14 For This Useful Post:

Dboyd2374 (18th May, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've certainly managed to 'adapt' a renewed ecu to a W220 s-class with it, a lot of the coding things need done online SCN.
    Can depend on vehicle year, and i believe it also depends on the software version too and your licensing like if having developer mode etc...
    Don't really remember and now i'm using a genuine tool with new software 2019.03, anytime i come across any coding i cannot do then just have a friend do online SCN.
    Have discovered the passthru is pretty useless for many things on anything under 10 years old in regards to coding and I could do with a friend like yours to access online coding as want to change my dash from the low line to the high line which requires online coding on an 09 sprinter

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dboyd2374 View Post
    Have discovered the passthru is pretty useless for many things on anything under 10 years old in regards to coding and I could do with a friend like yours to access online coding as want to change my dash from the low line to the high line which requires online coding on an 09 sprinter
    Don't really think this is pass-thru issue, even in my genuine c5 tool with newer vehicle most thing seem to need online coding when change.
    I was getting a little annoyed with pass-thru device as sometimes was having comms issues etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't really think this is pass-thru issue, even in my genuine c5 tool with newer vehicle most thing seem to need online coding when change.
    I was getting a little annoyed with pass-thru device as sometimes was having comms issues etc.
    All this online coding is highly annoying but guess its their way of cutting down on illegal software use etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveU View Post
    It is very interesting and please can anyone explain me what is the benefit compared to the VCX passthru driver?

Edit:
    Ok, tested by myself.
    Passtru is also limited, with a VCX Nano IDS (Ford/Mazda) it is impossible to use Xentry.
    Attachment 590030

But i read in another forum VCX Nano VW (5054 Emu) work with Xentry.

Reason for the errormessage is the VCXPT32.dll, the passthru driver from VCX.

My new question:
    Is there another "check" in the firmware that make it impossible to use a VCX Nano as a real passthru interface?

ps > Sorry for my bad english
    I believe that these are not a proper passthru device and are emulators. They will work with xentry but are very limited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello, just joined

i bought a vcxnano on ebay and the seller claimed it was for toyota, but the device only has licenses for ford/mazda/gm and passthru.

i've been probing around the vxdiag site for clues on how this all works.
    the URLs in the ini file for VX Manager are all base64 encoded and set the URLs for Firmware etc.

does anyone know how the firmware and licensing actually works?
    i can find openwrt.bin and vcx.bin in my ini file, openwrt.bin is a linux uimage and contains a root filesystem, vcx.bin is encrypted

are these nanos using openwrt.bin for the main software and vcx.bin for the license information? perhaps the private key needed to decrypt the vcx.bin is in the openwrt image somewhere? i haven't spent a lot of time trying to break this yet.

i notice above a member claimed to know how to get license files from the vxdiag server - can you share please?

does anyone have vcx.bin from a toyota licensed vcxnano?

if anyone has any ideas on this i'm happy to try. i'm first going to look in more detail whether the openwrt.bin contains any clues.

thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello i have vcmii vcx diag need flash bin stm32F407 if you have
    if you can help me please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default vcmii

Quote Originally Posted by DWT View Post
    Ept FTDI Dumps:
    hello bro i have vcmii sp239b i want microlociel stm32f407 please help me.thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here you can see the bootloader log, where the serial number also resides.
    by connecting to the stm32 serial with baud rate 921600. maybe some brainiac can get more info. unfortunately mine is now gone, if I find anything else I'll update you. (ps the vcx serial has been modified for obvious reasons)pin: 1gnd 2swdio 3swclk 4vdd 5vdd 6tx 7rx 8vss
    Last edited by VMECU82; 31st December, 2023 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Log + update license:
    Last edited by VMECU82; 31st December, 2023 at 12:11 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Hello. I have a VXDIAG VCX NANO GM device, which is no longer detected by the VX Manager program. In the computer, in the device manager, the device is visible. When connected to USB, there is no sound signal in the device. Two LEDs on the device light up and stay lit. What is the problem ? Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234