Register

Thread: Texting abroad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Texting abroad.

Hi all, i hope someone can enlighten me as to how i can text a friend of mine who is in Russia.
    They are staying in a town called Nekrasovskoe which is in the region of Yaroslavl Oblast.
    I have my friends mobile number ( which is a Russian number ) but none of my text messages are getting through and i cannot call either, all i get when phoning is a long tone to indicate no connection.
    I have double checked, via email, that i have the correct number and i do.
    Do i have to have any other number added to the phone number,apart from the international country code, in order to be able to contact my friend ?
    Any help appreciated as i have tried all i can think of.
    Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

SOLVED !!!! ( sort of )
    It turns out that our friend has a network operator that will not allow calls or texts outside of Russia.
    She also cannot change the SIM for a different provider as they are area specific.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

besides the known ePacket and DHL are many young services that are less busy and work much better. I checked my experience https://pkge.net/couriers/cainiao and noticed a tangible difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staywer View Post
    besides the known ePacket and DHL are many young services that are less busy and work much better. I checked my experience https://pkge.net/couriers/cainiao and noticed a tangible difference

What ?!?!?!?!????