Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Help - BOSCH MSA11 what tool and how to read map file?

i have looked online to see what tool is needed to read the map data i take it the eeprom needs to be desoldered and read that way? can anyone give me some poiunters on what tool is best to use for reading the data please, im an absolute noob to the proper way of reading/tuning ecus and would like some expert knowledge and advice please.

I have scoured google but it hasnt really given me much info on what tool to use to read the eeprom...

All help is kindly accepted and appreciated!

Cheers!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    529 Posts

All tools for reading MSA11 are rotted many years ago with all of this ECUs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ive had a quick read and you need old school eeprom readers is this the sort of thing i would require? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TL866II-P...nvU:rk:10:pf:0

Many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yes, the TL866 is ok to read/write, i have this programmer and i tune msa11 eproms

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

But for one a car better will be send ECU to somebody who have tools for this ECU to chip
    Last edited by bodzio012; 23rd November, 2018 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi.

Want to share my "Programmer" Experience at the Past. (Today i dont use it anymore)
    I Have a Sivava Willem Programmer (Genuine) ... This Thing can handle everything.
    You can buy extra Sockes (In my case often need PSOP 44 , AM29f400 ...), and never had any Problems with it.

When you want to buy a willem, be sure you buy a Programmer with RED PCB (Newer version)
    Dont know if it can read MSA11 Eprom, but the Supportet Chiplist is very long (Take a look)

But 1+ to bodzio: for ONE ECU, to buy this old Programmer Equipment , i think its better to send the ecu to somebody who have this equipment already.

Greetings
    Mind
    Last edited by Mindvision; 24th November, 2018 at 01:51 PM.