Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Canbus reader programer help kitcar 2

Hi following on from previous post i fitted a corsa d eps column to my kit car not realising it was can. Alot of graft into cutting welding etc so its a last ditched attempt.so i am trying to find away of emulating messages from the canbus.ive found a little module called cando that i think would do the job.problem ive got is i litterley have no idea how i would program it . hex bytes diodes the bus data address etc and more importanly how i would get the can data from the particular modules abs and engine speed that is being sent to the eps.is there a tool out there i could use to read the can on another corsa d then send it to someone to edit and make it a loop and put it on the cando.i am trying to understand more about can but the programing is beyond me the eps is separate from the cars wiring basicaly a live earth but needs 2 can inputs i cant grasp how each individual module sends the data on the bus and then the correct module knows which info is for it .thanks for reading if you have read this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

get the book that comes with the ecu, reading for example the bosch book will tell you that the number or code is made up of parts and its a fairly short number/letter combination. when you see or "sniff" what your module is "transporting" the code that it transports obviously needs to have the right "address"
    have fun everybody.