Porsche Boxster 986 + abrites , make transponder work
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Porsche Boxster 986 + abrites , make transponder work

Hello, I wanted to operate the remote of my porsche boxster 986, I bought the software + cables fvdi-abrites and when I was working with it, it gave me some kind of error and apparently the information of the transponder stored in the ECU was corrupted, with what now does not start the car.
    The key does turn completely, it opens the doors and I can listen to the radio and the alarm don´t sound, but when it turns fully, it allows it, but the car does not start.
    When I try to use the section "learn remotely" or "learn key" in abrites, the software ask for a code "key learning code", giving me the option to write it or "load from dump", I have tried the numbres that the program tells me in the different options, or load the .bin files that I have been able to download but I always get an error.
    The truth is that the command does not matter, what I need is for the car to start.
    I bought a new transpoder, in case I had to discard the original.
    The car is second-hand, the control worked randomly at first, but the key always started.
    The alarm unit of the car seems that they had to change it, since in these cars it is usual to get wet and damaged, so they would surely put a used one.

I attach the dump files that I have, as well as some images of the program.

What I want to do is to link the transponder I have in the car, so it starts.
    I'm also checking if I have a fuse problem, but I do not think

I hope that one of you can help me
    Thank you very much to all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (21.2 KB, 220 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (18.9 KB, 190 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (19.3 KB, 183 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (17.4 KB, 155 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chama For This Useful Post:

fatihsen (23rd February, 2020), gege974 (27th November, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    756 Posts

FVDI can't program this car.

Regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,457 Posts

get 3 bytes code from alarm unit dump, program remote.

immo off if needed
    Last edited by rob h; 1st December, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do I do it?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Chama; 1st December, 2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Add thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

I think you should consider to contact a workshop or a Locksmith to get this solved. And use your creditcard. To get you out of this mess.
    As you have now learned. This is not a game.
    In this business, it is quite easy to end up with a non-runner.

But first you could come up with which year, the vehicle is produced, as a start.
    And maybe someone could take a look at the dumps.
    But I am quite sure that the immo part is not in the cluster, which is the name of one of the dumps.
    Its not for the early model. And I am quite sure it is not for the late 986 either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The car is a Porsche Boxster 986 mk2 with automatic transmission ,year 2002 . I have installed abrites commander for porsche v4.1 (tag key tool is installed too).
    I think that if I knew the pin that asks me, I could add the transponders to start the car, but I do not know how to find that pin, since I read that you have to make a dump of the ECU, but I do not know exactly how. i suppose that is one of the attached files, but i´m not sure.
    I have been looking for information or a tutorial for that part of the software of abrites but I have not found how to do exactly the DUMP of the ECU or the immobilizer, to extract the pin.
    the car is now parked in a garage and the nearest porsche center is far away. I want to try to fix it myself

many thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Remove passenger seat.
    read PAS unit 93c66
    make alarm off and obd programming
    program 93c66
    re fit PAS unit
    use file when ask "load file"
    program ID48 transponder

done

if that does not work then you have a fault or made a mistake

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarkPRP For This Useful Post:

lion0304 (2nd December, 2018), rm23 (13th April, 2019), rob h (1st December, 2018), Siham (2nd December, 2018), Weasel3 (2nd December, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Pas module only tmpro can do. No other tool
    Renault ECU tool / IO terminal / A.S.W

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

the car is now parked in a garage and the nearest porsche center is far away. I want to try to fix it myself

many thanks

I respect your choice of doing this yourself. Time and study will eventually get you there. To a working solution.

I am not sure which country, and region you are homebound to.
    But in some parts of the world, you can order an Auto technician. Coming home to your place, or area. And solving the problem. Making it run again.
    Off course it could cost some money, in this case. When it is a non-runner.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,457 Posts

Getting remote code from dump, is possible using fvdi v4.1.
    Dont read these in circuit!!

How to tell if the car needs a 1, 2 or 3 button remote?
    Last edited by rob h; 2nd December, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought the car 2 years ago, everything worked fine except the remote (3 buttons).
    I tried to make it work sometimes, since the key was damaged and I changed the casing and welded new switches. When the remote is unused for more than 5 days enter sleep mode and you have to press the button while the key are in the door, a couple of times it worked, but I think it has been desynchronized by having pressed the buttons many times

Also, the other key they gave me was the metal key, but it did not have transponder or circuitry.
    I took it to the Porsche center last summer and they told me that we had to change ECU + remote, 1000€. Very expensive
    I bought the abrites with the cables (and a transponder id48) to try to reconfigure the control, and add a transponder to the other key, but now the car does not start.
    Right now with reconfiguring 1 or 2 transponders I would feel happy
    Can I get the dump of the eeprom directly from abrites?
    I think the biggest problem is that I do not have the pin, and I do not take the correct dump to find out.

I am from Spain, but I am not sure that the electric workshops of my city know how to do this and they charge me and then they tell me to ride the car in a crane and take it to the porsche center ... I prefer to try it before

Many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chama View Post
    I bought the car 2 years ago, everything worked fine except the remote (3 buttons).
    I tried to make it work sometimes, since the key was damaged and I changed the casing and welded new switches. When the remote is unused for more than 5 days enter sleep mode and you have to press the button while the key are in the door, a couple of times it worked, but I think it has been desynchronized by having pressed the buttons many times

Also, the other key they gave me was the metal key, but it did not have transponder or circuitry.
    I took it to the Porsche center last summer and they told me that we had to change ECU + remote, 1000€. Very expensive
    I bought the abrites with the cables (and a transponder id48) to try to reconfigure the control, and add a transponder to the other key, but now the car does not start.
    Right now with reconfiguring 1 or 2 transponders I would feel happy
    Can I get the dump of the eeprom directly from abrites?
    I think the biggest problem is that I do not have the pin, and I do not take the correct dump to find out.

I am from Spain, but I am not sure that the electric workshops of my city know how to do this and they charge me and then they tell me to ride the car in a crane and take it to the porsche center ... I prefer to try it before

Many thanks
    Habras comprado el FVDI chino no? No creo que te hayas dejado la pasta en el AVDI original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Pin from dump

Hello, I have removed the eeprom from the m534 module (it is an eeprom 93lc66a) and I have read it. He gives me this .bin dump file, but when I charge it in Abrites to make the new transponder, the software says that is incorrect, can someone give me the correct pin for this dump?
    Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sí, lo quería solo para usarlo una vez para hacerme el duplicado. Si lo llego a saber se no hago nada. Saludos
    Yes, I wanted it just to use it once to make the duplicate. If I get to know, I do not do anything. Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chama View Post
    Sí, lo quería solo para usarlo una vez para hacerme el duplicado. Si lo llego a saber se no hago nada. Saludos
    Yes, I wanted it just to use it once to make the duplicate. If I get to know, I do not do anything. Regards
    SI tiene centralita Bosch ME7xx como creo... No le puedes hacer el immo off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast