Register

Thread: CK100 upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CK100 upgrade

Well I think it's time to upgrade my CK100 programmer and I'm torn between Xtool and OBDstar variants. I need the opinion of a north american based locksmith or auto shop that uses 1 or 2 readers to do most cars on the road. I'm leaning towards the OBDstar X100 PROS or PRO or Xtool X100 PAD or PAD2.

So far my CK100 has worked great on ALL Fords including Lincoln in the year ranges listed by the programmer. Dodge/Chrysler vehicles 100% of the time with PIN code provided by others, CK100 cannot pull pin codes from the vehicles. All circle + GM keys (B106 blank) were also programmed without any issues ... just not the earlier GM vehicles, ECU failed every time. I managed to program Nissans and Hyundais without too much trouble, pulled Nissan BCM info and Hyundai VIN calc functions worked great.

I do mostly Ford, GM and Chrysler but want to get into more proximity keys ....... also with some Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda north american vehicles.

Don't need German vehicles, no demand.

Thanks!

Craig

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

Have you made money on your TKO ilco clone CK100 ? Obdstar and Xtool ? Xtool is the real deal, obdstar is copy and paste factory. If you want to grow and get updates then AutoProPad is what your looking for. But if you still need to hold to your money then look into the IKey 820 it might be for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

craigmpak (15th December, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I did make money, paid for the CK100 100 times over .... most of my automotive calls are for all keys lost and so far I am impressed with this unit

Is there anything I should look out for as far as making sure I receive an authentic Autek unit? (are they making clones of this) .... I will do a little research but if you can forward me to a reputable website that would be great ......

I will look into the IKey 820 for sure, I just need something reliable.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    Have you made money on your TKO ilco clone CK100 ? Obdstar and Xtool ? Xtool is the real deal, obdstar is copy and paste factory. If you want to grow and get updates then AutoProPad is what your looking for. But if you still need to hold to your money then look into the IKey 820 it might be for you.
    Last edited by craigmpak; 12th December, 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for your input ... does it make a difference which programmer I get ... I mainly use my programmer for all keys lost (rather than adding a key)

so far the ProPad seems like the top programmer (from viewing numerous posts) and also the CK200. What are your thoughts on the XTOOL PAD2 and PAD ?????