Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

i enjoy juggling laptops and obd cables , its what i enjoy doing . im not a salesman and i could never ride a desk , that would kill me off , i dont like clones they cause many ongoing problems not related to using them , they stifle developement as developers become reluctant to develop , those that do develop raise their prices in a bid to get a return from their development before its copied thus being a huge negative on the trade , its still theft when they clone a tool so not victimless , id never sell such tools as that would be becomming part of the problem , ive used plenty of clones in past so am as guilty as next man for adding to the problems in trade. so im happy as i am getting wet doing the job i enjoy and plodding on towards retirement. im lucky i have other lock development projects i work on too.

id hate to be in your area , ive read of the rates being at rock bottom and seen some top guys turn their back on the trade , which is a shame.

tdb on ford has some coverage truecode doesnt at present but not much , multiple options is good as when one fails another succeeds , sometimes for no other reason than its tuesday , it can be a funny old game at times.

glad the skoda got sorted in end , may be a loss on the job but the learning curve compensates in many ways , the nissan wont be the last shed and ebay key you face , we all live and learn by these experiences.

glad you have spoke to barry , hes a good locksmith and a nice chap , and as straight a bloke as ive met , he calls a spade a spade and is honest which are qualities i admire and trust .

learn to remove ecu and cluster units and learn to read them , if a fix is beyond you then this forum has some very clever people on it that can check and fix dumps .

enjoy the scrap yard , i loved the years i spent playing in these , best years of my career .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (12th January, 2019), kronk92 (12th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Thanks for reply

Yes rates are terrible got a call this morning from a guy who is getting sqeezed by a competitor doing keys for a lose just to take business from him

Crazy stuff 😬🤔

Taking action to stabilise prices as we speak will keep you posted on this. Early stages but should work to an extent and hopefully flush some cowboys out of the system in the process !

Have you used the TDB1000 for Fiat?

What’s your thoughts on this as a starter Fiat tool ?
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 12th January, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

no , i have abrites for fiat and never bothered with others , i have the fiat coverage on truecode and smart pro , but abrites just does the job without issue so no need to try another unit at mo .

tdb looks to have good coverage but not on my radar at present .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (12th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Thanks for reply.

I’ll look at truecode and TDB to see which one has best coverage and ease of use for a starter set up

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 👍🏻

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12