DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Default 2006 Nissan Primastar

Hello All

Basic newbie question but any help would be greatly appreciated

Can this be cloned with HB and remote added manually?

Is key, transponder and remote board same as Vauxhall Vivario ?

Just wondering as Vauxhall remote is added through OBD but IQ saying the Nissan is manual.

Spare key scenario

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Yes this is the same as Vivaro. So remote will work automatically after key programming.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (11th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks P1et

IQ says manually for some reason ?

Have SKP900, FVDI, SBB clone, CK100 and MVP pro original that would cover some Nissan which would you recommend ?

PCF 7946 ( ID 46 )
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 11th January, 2019 at 04:34 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
    Thanks P1et

IQ says manually for some reason ?

Have SKP900, FVDI, SBB clone, CK100 and MVP pro original that would cover some Nissan which would you recommend ?

PCF 7946 ( ID 46 )
    Don't know about the first 4 but the Pro will do it, but will use a token.
    If you look at the "Vehicle Info" of IQ it shows programming of the remote is automatic.
    Whilst IQ is very good, its not always 100%
    That info regarding manual programming has been accidentally pasted from another vehicle.
    Occasionally these won't start after programming the remote, C/L works OK, but immo light on dash just stays solid.
    You have to lock them and leave them for 5 minutes, sometimes even longer, but they do finally sort themselves out.
    You have to remember "It's French"
    A bit disconcerting when the owner of the van is standing next to you, and asks if "you know what you are doing"
    Best tool for these I've found is Truecode, well worth the investment.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to keyprogramming For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thank you for the info

I’ll probably just burn the token to be safe. I’ve done a few Vauxhall Vivario with FVDI but am reluctant to use it on anything other than Vauxhall although the Primastar is probably the same or similar system it’s not worth the risk. I’ve heard some horror stories about French vehicles, Nissan and VAG using FVDI

A few members on here have said truecode was good for certain vehicles it’s defo on the list of tools to get in the near future

My IQ crashed a couple of days ago got it up and running again but it’s an old version with a few errors no doubt.

Thanks again have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 11th January, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

With FVDI it's 100% safe to do this car. Just connect as Vivaro or Renault Trafic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks P1et

Is it the same system, key remote, key blank etc ?

What’s FVDI like with the French vehicles ?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Nissan Primstar , renault traffic and vauxhall vivaro are all the same vehicle just different badge , so you could code the primastar under vivaro or renault traffic and would code in fine . on the new traffic 2014 on you can add the latest fiat talento van to the mix as is also a traffic with fiat badge , but you wont code these new ones with your kit.

truecode is my favourite tool on the traffic , vivaro and primastar , never misses , you can avoid leaving the light on after programming if you code the key with all doors shut and wait the 2 mins after programming with ign off before trying key , it is common for this to sometimes happen if you code key with the door open , i drop window and work through window with door shut and dont get any issues with light staying on .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 12th January, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
    Thanks P1et

Is it the same system, key remote, key blank etc ?

What’s FVDI like with the French vehicles ?
    same key same remote , only by obd , you can clone to a manual key , but you cant clone and then code a remote with any diag , you must use a virgin remote key and remote codes at same time as the chip .

with fvdi , forget that its french , on some french vehicles it will work fine on others it wont and doing some functions on some models will cause tears , its not makes or countries the clone has issues with , its certain clusters certain systems found on certain models . also alot depends on which version of the clone fvdi you have , some are original clones for want of a better word and some are clones of the clone and some clones of the cloned clone , so really depends what version you have , the key is to know exactly what not to try it on or how to fix things if it goes tits up , thats the trouble with china , alot of clones of the clone are sold , sometimes you dont know what you are buying, i remember 1 seller selling fvdi full for under $120 usd , you can guarantee it must have been a 3rd generation clone of a clone at that money .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 11th January, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Great write up thanks for taking the time to do it !

I must have been lucky to date done a huge amount of Vivarios 4 in total

2 were fine 2 put service light on just cleared them with manual reset using brake & accelerator pedal.

Truecode is on the list after I load the TDB1000 with Ford and Fiat.

Is Truecode good with Renault ?
    I’m aiming on getting some decent Renault coverage soon

Have a 2014 version of FVDI when I first started as a well established lockie in England said they were good for the likes of Astra J, Corsa D etc. I must agree have done a few Astra J with this and worked very well. Bought it from a diagnostic company in Sheffield with the promise it was the most stable version of the clone.

I find it funny that the Chinese take the time and effort to clone a clone or as you say a clone of a clone of a clone as surely it would be more profitable to do a first generation clone and debug it to a decent standard ?

After my mishap with the Skoda I’m very wary using it on anything other than some Vauxhalls but like you’ve said before if all else fails sometimes a cheap tool might just get you out of the s!!t ........

Some members on here use it as an every day bit of kit and I tip my hat to them I’m not that brave yet and will only plug in if I’m pretty sure it’s not going to cook something

Thanks again

J

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

just get Renault ecu tool very good tool for Renault and much cheaper than truecode is good but does not cover has much in Renault does airbags makes steering virgin

etc etc and free upgrades .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertre For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (12th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

just get Renault ecu tool very good tool for Renault and much cheaper than truecode is good but does not cover has much renault ecu tool free upgrade of software .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertre For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (12th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks

Will have a look at this anymore else have an opinion on this tool ?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

alot of the guys here using the fvdi also have the skill and knowledge to fix the car if it goes tits up , that makes a huge difference , there knowledge of vehicles and the systems as well as eeprom applications makes it less of a risk , there are guys who can make a tool like fvdi earn money and sing , just as their are guys who would kill cars even with the best kit , you cant beat knowledge and experience even with clones , it negates risk when you know you have the kit and knowledge to fix things with a plan B . theres some very clever people on here that can do more with a clone than many can do with best kit out there , in skilled hands fvdi can be good but in unskilled hands it has the capacity to be dangerous and expensive just as with most kit.

i know a very established diagnostic and garage equipment company that sell the bmw ews editor for an extortionate price because its the best on the market and most stable thus the increased price , i also know which china company they buy it from and for how much , point being what people claim isnt always the case , some are straight some are not, i never believe a word that someone selling me something says , the only exception to this rule for me is chris at truecode .

truecode is excellent on renault , it doesnt have the coverage of abrites but is easier to use and everything it claims works does work , it used to be that renault and nissan were the stand out softwares on truecode but ford now has become very good also , i have every function from truecode despite having many other options , i still buy truecode as its made by a uk developer , does what it says on the tin and they are very honest and dont release a function until properly tested , unusual in this field.

id forgot about the skoda mishap , how did you resolve this in the end , always good to share what the problem and fix was in the end , did you ever go back to the nissan ? if still pending and still a pain in your butt as ive said contact barry in newton ards , hes top draw on these and on eeprom solutions , in your neck of the woods hes the guy id turn to if in need of help , always pays to have someone like him to call on when in the brown stuff , ive seen him at plenty of shows and he knows his stuff, ive sent a few of my contract clients to him in past when they have needed someone over the water , always did a top job.

the primastar will sail in , if you can code a vivaro then use same tool and code the primstar as a vivaro
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 12th January, 2019 at 01:08 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

honda1200 (12th January, 2019), Jimmy07 (12th January, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Your words good enough will be getting Truecode Renault and Nissan and will look at Ford. It’s a toss up for TDB1000 or Truecode for Ford. Probably end up with bloody both you know how it goes

Skoda turned into a bit of a disaster but good learning curve. Kept kicking VCDS clone and original Ross Tech out refusing access was a real pity as both keys went in with FVDI without a hitch just the immo light, pain in the ass stayed on. In the end admitted partial defeat and had to replace cluster £30 fleabay and a friend programmed it in with AVDI. I suspect a minor cluster corruption caused by FVDI Customer was happy enough, no one was killed and he was happy to get new cluster as his had a small scrape and light out so zero profit on this one but...........

The Nissan guy was a chancer with an eBay key claiming it was from the dealership. Never got back to me but I heard he had another guy out since trying to program the same old dud eBay key into the non surrendering Nissan with no success. What’s that about ??

Yes have spoken to Barry briefly and I have another fella here who is really good at the eprom, picking, BMW, Mercedes work etc a good problem solving guy who doesn’t like to lie down. His background is great as was a locksmith who expanded into vehicles over time so very knowledgable and knows the pit falls.

When starting I think my biggest problem was being too eager to go, jumping ahead of myself thinking this is easy it’s plug and play. Friggin Idiot !

Luckily the Skoda was a cheap fix and has taught me to be cautious, learn the job in hand, ask questions and have a go with some knowledge rather than diving in blind.
    Next stop is scrapyard at least 1 day a week armed with lishi a jump pack and all the non token burners

You should be into distribution sounds like you have the contacts and the knowledge for the technical side of things. Save standing out in the rain in some Tesco car park juggling laptops and OBD cables 🥶

Rapid thank you for your support it’s gold and I appreciate the time you take out to reply 👍🏻
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 12th January, 2019 at 04:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast