Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is the Cuberevo HD twin tuner a good cheaper alternative to the DM8000?

As the title guys, I'm looking for a good alternative to the DM8000.

I want to be able to record a channel & watch another. Pause live tv etc..

I'm upgrading from a DM7025 and don't want to splash out on a DM8000.

Would like 7 days epg, which I'd prob use Crossepg. Whats the skins like? Similar to a Dreambox?

I've seen NLB images mentioned, are these nabilosat?

Also can anyone recommend a trustworthy seller? I seen DVB Direct sell them at a good price, has anybody used them?
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another question, would the internal card reader work with CCcam 2.1.3 and a legit card?
    Last edited by Sicilian; 8th December, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Yes it will read sky card with a capable emu running.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can CCcam 2.1.3 be installed on this box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .: JaCkPoT :. View Post
    Yes it will read sky card with a capable emu running.
    What would need installing to read the card? I'm being told that there isn't currently a cam that will read a legit sly card using the internal card reader of the cuberevo. Although its is capable of reading a shareline, which I know we cant speak about any further.

Now i'm not interested in reading a shareline, just want to use my own card in it's reader.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have both receivers. The software for the Dm8000 is much more developed and more stable. The Cuberevo still has unresolved issues which are being eliminated but it takes time. I would take the DM8000 in preference if the cost was the same. No brainer ! But the cost is prohibitive so I am perservering with the CubeRevo to resolve the issues. Don't buy a Cube and expect it to work perfectly from the start.

S1y card will work in the Cuberevo 9000 using Newcs and Mgcamd.

Satdudez Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

CCcam does not work in the Cuberevo - incompatible with the processor I understand !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What you say isn't entirely true the Incubuscamd supports CCCam protocol and it runs pretty smoothly on Enigma 2 and getting better at every release.

The only emus that are not running natively are Scam and CCcam, but both are Dreambox strongholds (for the HD models) the developers are trying to exclude other boxes.
    IP Box HD 9000 2xS2 tuner

Dreambox 7025-SS

Smart MX 28-IDTE IQ 2040

Sammy 9500-Sammy 9400-Sammy 9000

Triax 120 cm-Titanium 2 LNB's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Sicilian
    I just got a Cuberevo hd from pulsat. Spto on service and free next day del.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Ive got no regrets about buying mine

Looked at it as alternative to Dream 8000HD & high cost

12 months on & it gets better & better

Thanks to Tideglo & creation of E2 on Cuberevo & to the hard work of the teams involved

I have 7 day EPG for sly Tv -superb picture & sound quality, latest version of incubus(although only beta) very stable & connects to cccam server

All we need now is a server & client function cam/emu & dual recording working on E2

Looking forward to next 12 months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Catseye,

What image are you using and how stable is it? Flash or usb?
    I've been using DM's for years and love them. Have a DM8000 with Nabilosat .10 image - flawless. But now have a new toy - CubeRevo 9000HD.

Trying to set it up with the best / stable E2 image.
    What do you suggest?

Thanks,

JD

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd_durkin View Post
    Catseye,

What image are you using and how stable is it?
    Flash or usb?
    I've been using DM's for years and love them. Have a DM8000 with Nabilosat .10 image - flawless. But now have a new toy - CubeRevo 9000HD.

Trying to set it up with the best / stable E2 image.
    What do you suggest?

Thanks,

JD
    I find the NLB images in Flash are the ones i prefer , they come with the latest pre installed cams, and the NLB Panel with extra plugins.
    The sifteam imagesare ok, they let you download cams/plugins as you want them.

E2 images are all very much the same, they all are made around Tideglos version, and have extra`s like plugins cams e.t.c
    I prefer the PKT E2 images on a USB stick. latst one is 0.7.5 and is running great here, 7 day EPG. Only one annoting bug but its already fixed for the next Image in a few days ( the time wanders, displaying wrong times )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Try the AAF Mod Images (we will be re-releasing the 9000 image)

It will be one nice addition to the already big choice you have in the E2 field.
    IP Box HD 9000 2xS2 tuner

Dreambox 7025-SS

Smart MX 28-IDTE IQ 2040

Sammy 9500-Sammy 9400-Sammy 9000

Triax 120 cm-Titanium 2 LNB's