R270 Programmer can't connect to PC and beeps
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default R270 Programmer can't connect to PC and beeps

Hello everyone.
    I am trying to use an R270 Programmer, but when I plug it in, it is recognized by Windows, but the Software that came on the CD can't communicate with it, making it useless.
    Up until a few days ago it used to make a beeping sound about once per second, but now it doesn't even do that anymore.
    The only thing, that happens, is, that you can hear a relay click as soon as you connect the power.
    I have never seen this thing work, so I don't really know what it is supposed to behave like.
    From what I have read online so far, it ssems, that the beeping is not the regular behaviour.
    Furthermore the Software does not show the Hardware Serial Number, but it did in all of the videos I found online.
    What I have found out already:
    - The main Processor on the device is an ATMega32A
    - It communicates with my Computer over an SILABS CP2102 USB-to-Serial-Bridge
    - The Contents of the EEPROM and FLASH MEMORY on the ATMega32A do match with files I have found online.
    (I used an Arduino Mega2560 with the ArduinoISP Sketch in combination with AVRdude to download the files from the controller)
    - When the Software starts, it sends something over the Serial Port COM4 (on Windows) using a Baudrate of 57600.
    Note that the CP2102 has always been COM4 on all Computers I have tried so far.
    - Using an Oscilloscope on the RX and TX lines on the PCB of the R270 reveals, that the USB-Serial-Bridge does translate the incomming Signal from USB to Serial,
    therefore I know the CP2102 does work. However the ATMega32A does NOT send anything back, not even on the TX pin on the Processor itself.
    - Because of that the Software CANNOT communicate with my R270
    My question to you is:
    Has anyone experienced something similar (beeping, no communication with the Software,...) or any of the Symptoms described above, and if so, what did you do to solve this Problem.
    Attached are the files for the EEPROM, FLASH and the Fuses. All of the files are in AVRdude's "Raw Binary" format.
    Could anyone please share the Software (EEPROM, FLASH and Fuses [hfuse and lfuse]) you had on your device.
    If you need help with how to read the files, I can help you.
    Thank You.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShadowMonkey; 18th January, 2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling Error