Displaying the current radio code on a car system - Fiat 500L 2012
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Displaying the current radio code on a car system - Fiat 500L 2012

Hey folks!

I wonder if any of you may know how to make the existing radio code to display - wherever possible - for the Fiat 500L (2012)?
    I bought this second hand car from a local dealer and it doesn't bring the manual and codes for the radio. It is still working fine, no problem about that. My concern is about going for a battery replacement and I fear to loose the radio due the lack of the code.

I browsed around I could see that for Honda models it is possible (to display the current code on screen). Is that possible to do the same on a Fiat 500L model 2012?

I really appreciate your feedback.
    Last edited by aliferrazws; 22nd January, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

You must read EEPROM and post dump here in the radio decode section of forum... Then somebody will calculate code for you and you will have it....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tomic19 For This Useful Post:

aliferrazws (22nd January, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomic19 View Post
    You must read EEPROM
    Thanks, tomic19. I have no idea on how to do it, but I will look around for instructions. Unless there is a topic here, somewhere, about the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

According to what I read around, it seems that I would need to remove the radio from console, open it and find the circuit to read the EEPROM. I was expecting to find something like an interface to connect to the ODB port (and a laptop with some specific software) and get the info from there. Is there any other way to make this happen?

; )

Many thanks.