Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,944 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    i succesfully decode these using 2 tools , i still have a few of the original Renault v1 tools , these were a different design of tool , these used a different lifter that reads just 1 side of lock in different position than v2 tool , i put this in the lock first and note the positions it can feel a wafer in , any position i feel a wafer in , i reverse the reading from the laguna 3 tool in those positions

i did 2 x clio 3 with hands free cards today , picked and decoded lock fine using the laguna 3 tool and reversing the reading in the 2 positions on opposite track .

I check a video from Mr Li working with Laguna 3.

He pick and open the lock but when decode, he read the wafers in opposit side.

Pick down, read UP. Pick up, read DOWN.
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lion0304 For This Useful Post:

subfan (16th April, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

i read same direction as picked , so lets say 1245 all pick up and positions 3 and 6 pick down , lets say reading in the same direction i get a reading of " 123412 "

i leave the positions 1245 that read up as i read them
    i then swap the reading in position 3 and 6 for the opposite reading , so 3 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 3 , i then cut key " 122413 " hasnt let me down yet

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

didi_du_93000 (20th April, 2020), lion0304 (16th April, 2019), smokey08 (4th May, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,944 Posts

i read same direction as picked , so lets say 1245 all pick up and positions 3 and 6 pick down , lets say reading in the same direction i get a reading of " 123412 "

i leave the positions 1245 that read up as i read them
    i then swap the reading in position 3 and 6 for the opposite reading , so 3 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 3 , i then cut key " 122413 " hasnt let me down yet
    Does the VA6 4 lifters you work the same way? I just received but difficult to know how it work
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lion0304 For This Useful Post:

tocharprop (4th October, 2020)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

VA6 4 lifter is very simple to use , once picked decode in the same direction as picked , its very quick and very accurate .

the key is to follow the arrow on the lift arm to the correct grid , the A and The B arms read off of opposite grids , very simple and very quick to get correct key 1st time

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

didi_du_93000 (20th April, 2020), lion0304 (16th April, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,944 Posts

VA6 4 lifter is very simple to use , once picked decode in the same direction as picked , its very quick and very accurate .

the key is to follow the arrow on the lift arm to the correct grid , the A and The B arms read off of opposite grids , very simple and very quick to get correct key 1st time

With your instruction, my first VA6 decoded and blade cutted.

Need training some to get good hand.

Thank you M rapidlocksmiths
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Laguna 2/Megane 2 lishi va2, decode to opposite side as picked or same? I forgot and no info anywhere.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

same direction as picked renault v2 tool , single sided key, if ph2 all 6 wafers will pick in same direction and you decode in same direction as picked.

info in the guides i wrote confirming this in cars keys and locks magazine , also on a number of forums and in the lishi book i believe.

im aware of some batches of faulty tools on renault ph2 , where grid numbers are back to front , 1 should be lowest cut and 5 highest , some are numbered wrong way round on a very old tool batch of original tool
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 30th June, 2023 at 04:36 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

p1et (30th June, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Thanks, just decoded and cut key correctly. Yes many info online about Renault pick but not this one. Perhaps beause it's too easy to use But most single sided picks decode opposite so was confused and needed to ask.

I usually remember those things but hey, wouldnt be nice if lishi developers would just sign which way to decode by marking a little arrow with O (opposite) and S (same) direction letter?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

its in the lishi guide that i wrote many years ago for the 1st generation of the tool , and that tool was a pig to use as the grid faced the floor , then the v2 tool was released which worked right side up, the guide was then updated for the new v2 tool , but in between and to show how language barriers are not always overcome , when trying to explain to mr li why the tool had to be amended so the grid faced up , he produced a tool that he had reversed the profile of the key rather than reverse the grid so didnt fit any lock , the chinese resellers still sell this tool as renault A , but renault v2 tool then came and was faultless.

mr li did use to put little arrows and marks on tools for a reason , but due to language barrier never got the reasons across well so most never noticed them , the first that went unoticed by most was he used to put a line on the first generation of the hu58 tool which was where you should insert to for best results .

but with most tools then as a general rule

single lift arm edge key tools decode same way as picked
    twin lift arm edge key tools decode same way
    single lifter laser key tools decode oposite way to picked
    twin lifter laser key tools decode same way
    4 lifter tools decode same way as picked
    renault v2 being a single sided key decodes same way as picked

though as we have found over the years some tools can decode either way .

suggest it to them , they may do this and put S or O on the tools , im sure they would welcome the feedback.
    laguna 3 decodes opposite way to picked but can also decode same way as picked

but if ever stuck most of the guides can be found free in the archives of cars keys and locks magazine online
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 30th June, 2023 at 11:26 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

p1et (1st July, 2023), wuza (1st July, 2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12