What is the correct Lishi lock pick and decoder tool for Megane 2 and Laguna 2
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default What is the correct Lishi lock pick and decoder tool for Megane 2 and Laguna 2

Hi guys, I would like to buy for my collection the correct tool(s) to unlock and eventually decode the lock for these cars.

I am not sure if they are the same lock type, they look the same I am not sure.

I found the following 2 tools which one is what I need?

2b15bc85738605a38466c8c1b61acd562f096f23.jpgdbb399edc372a3bb6a4773cba09ca4697432712a.jpg

Also some time ago I bought following tool which I hoped it was good for these 2 cars but I was unable to unlock a Laguna 2 car with it. It seemed the the wafers in the door lock did not have the same spacing as the tool:

lishi-renault-fr-lock-pick-001.jpg

What is your experience with these 2 cars and the tools in the photos? Is it possible to unlock and decode the door lock correctly?

Thanks for your answers.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

there are 2 tools for renault cards , the phase 2 locks on laguna 2 and megane 2 , the best tool is the renault v2 tool , this will pick and decode all phase 2 locks perfect , it will also pick open the phase 3 locks on megane 3 and laguna 3 but will not decode these .

the laguna 3 tool was made by li for the phase 3 locks , but you cant decode accurately with it , due to the inverted positions , it is possible with a scope to plot wafers . but for you wanting phase 2 locks then the lishi renault v2 tool is needed your 1st picture as phase 2 locks use the 5 height tool

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

ciprishor (23rd January, 2019), subfan (15th April, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Thanks for the fast and accurate answer!

Anything about the tool I have? (3rd picture) what cars can it unlock?

Are the wafers on both sides of the lock or only on 1 side?

I also found this tool called Ren Cou that claims to open these cars too, but from the pictures it can only lift the wafers on one side only:

f29899d169e1efcb7f6c315565f4eb39.image.960x768.jpg
    Last edited by ciprishor; 23rd January, 2019 at 06:31 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

do not buy the renault A tool , it wont do any euro models at all as reads the wrong side of the lock entirely . this was made by li in error after a mix up in translation , the original renault tool for phase 2 locks had an issue , when inserted in the lock on right hand drive vehicles the grid faced down at the floor , this was a problem for picking and decoding , so li was asked to turn the grid part of the tool over for right hand drive cars , he miss translated this and made the grid a mirror so turned just grid over , this meant the tool couldnt pick and decode the lock as lifter was operating on wrong side of the lock, so the renault v2 tool was released which was useable on both left and right hand drive vehicles.

on the phase 2 locks all the wafers are on the same side , only the gen3 lock has wafers on both sides , 4 on 1 side and 2 on the other .

the 3rd tool you pictured is a blind touch pick , this will pick all these card locks but it only picks it doesnt decode
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 23rd January, 2019 at 07:10 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

ciprishor (23rd January, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Now it is very clear, thanks again!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

why decode cards, cars without a double lock, you can open the breath, you will invent the emergency key after removing the driver lock, I heard that from 2019, no car can have a double blockade for security reasons greetings bmw, vag group
    fang, Narwalus microcephalus,Spectrum Zx, Atari amiga, Commodore +4

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Laguna 2 can be opened very easy the way you say but for Megane 2 things are more complicated due to door entering inside the door frame.

It usually leaves scratches on the paint or breaks the door rubber seal. Using Lishi tool also looks more professional to the customer. And for its price I say it's a must have in the tool box.

Plus I don't want to dismantle the door lock to get pinning.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

you must do your practice methods make perfect,
    fang, Narwalus microcephalus,Spectrum Zx, Atari amiga, Commodore +4

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,457 Posts

So no decoding tool for the phase 3.
    Would be nice if they create one.
    It could be made from a va6 v2 4 lever tool.
    And would then cover phase 1, 2 and 3.
    Last edited by rob h; 24th January, 2019 at 12:31 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

thats not so easy , its been tried , the phase 3 lock only uses 2 tracks , so to use the 4 lift tool you would need to remove 2 lifters and this blade which weakens tool alot . you can use the laguna 3 tool and a scope to decode . it is being worked on , but not easy to get a reliable decode whilst maintaining dtrength in the tool.

i love the renault v2 tool on phase 2 locks , takes me 60 to 90 seconds to pick and decode accurately , to pick and decode the phase 2 lock , cut the bypass key and code the card is a 10 minute job start to finish

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

rob h (25th January, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

On the websites that this tool (Renault V.2) is being sold they specify the following cars list as application list:

RENAULT:

• Laguna 2 (2003 Onwards)
    • Megane (2003 Onwards)
    • Espace (2004 Onward)
    • DACIA - Logan , Sandero , Duster

SAMSUNG:

• SM5
    • SM7

My question: What Dacia Logan, Sandero, Duster are these guys talking about?

The only Dacia cars I know have either VAC102 or HU136 (new models). Is Dacia being sold in other countries with same blade as Renault Megane 2/Laguna 2 or is it a mistake?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

it wont do the dacia models , as in uk these are vac102 and on later models they are VA2 , the renault V2 tool is only for the renault phase 2 cards

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob h View Post
    So no decoding tool for the phase 3.
    Would be nice if they create one.
    It could be made from a va6 v2 4 lever tool.
    And would then cover phase 1, 2 and 3.
    i succesfully decode these using 2 tools , i still have a few of the original Renault v1 tools , these were a different design of tool , these used a different lifter that reads just 1 side of lock in different position than v2 tool , i put this in the lock first and note the positions it can feel a wafer in , any position i feel a wafer in , i reverse the reading from the laguna 3 tool in those positions

i did 2 x clio 3 with hands free cards today , picked and decoded lock fine using the laguna 3 tool and reversing the reading in the 2 positions on opposite track .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 30th January, 2019 at 12:07 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

lion0304 (12th April, 2019), subfan (15th April, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi rapidlocksmiths

Will the Laguna 3 tool pick open the Phase 2 locks or just the phase 3 ones its made for ?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

the laguna 3 tool will pick open the phase 2 and 3 locks , but will not decode the phase 2 locks as different heights and grid readings

there is no difference in the tool between the laguna 3 tool and the renault v2 tool for phase 2 locks , the 2 tools are the same , only the grid differs , phase 2 locks have 5 key heights and phase 3 locks have just 4 heights , so other than the grid the tool is the same
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 15th April, 2019 at 11:49 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

lion0304 (16th April, 2019), subfan (16th April, 2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast