Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Default Add smartkey yaris 2020

Good morning,
    I have to add smartkey on yaris 2020..
    pn key: 8990h-k0050
    pn smartkey ecu: 899h0-k0031
    i read some info and i think i need a 12 digit pin code....
    autel will do the job by gbox to read pin....
    obdstar also seems to be able to do it but you need toyota cable....

other info..I have a used key of these is there a possibility to unlock it??
    autel does not give me this option on this key.....

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by joker01; 17th June, 2023 at 10:03 AM.
    [SIZE=3][I][FONT=impact][COLOR=#ffd700]PUSH THANKS AND REP IF I HELPED YOU !!!!!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

find more info....
    then obdstar does not support this ecu immo so you need 12 digit pin code from toyota...
    autel with latest update and gbox says to read pin to be able to program key....
    I can't find any info on unlocking the used key....
    Does anyone have a trusted contact of someone with toyota access to provide pin-codes if autel won't do the job???
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=3][I][FONT=impact][COLOR=#ffd700]PUSH THANKS AND REP IF I HELPED YOU !!!!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Lots of online services provide the 18+ Toyota TIS form codes. Usually quite expensive(100+ USD). Be sure of your keys and vehicle status before contacting a code service, as it's very easy to get charged to not program a key if you do not have the correct keys or the immo status is not ready for programming of keys(test aerials etc as both button aerial and centre keyless aerial must be working for smart key programming).

Lots of tools now support AA, A9, 39 and HITAG(non BA) platforms now for OBD learning without the Toyota dealer code, however you are at the mercy of the tool supplier and if they have the correct data to read that particular smart ECU. I recommend if you do these regularly carry every tool that supports what you're working on including Techstream and access to a dealer login otherwise you're going to hit cars you cannot support.

Your particular vehicle being a 2020 Yaris is a password BA HITAG platform vehicle with a smart ECU produced by Tokai Rika. Only tool currently supporting these without a Toyota dealer code is AVDI, expect to see support on other tools soon. Most reputable tools will do a spare if you can get a dealer code.

You cannot reuse second hand password BA, AA, A9 etc keys both DST and HITAG at the moment.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

joker01 (18th June, 2023), u.s (18th June, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Maybe you are lucky and in keydiy have a configuration to unlock your used keyÂ… take a good look before on the frequency, software etcÂ… and for key adding if you have 1 working key read the data with Autel APB112 emulator and then try to add a key
    Last edited by azikri locks; 18th June, 2023 at 11:20 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

already looked on keydiy and I hadn't seen anything send pictures of what you found....
    I don't have tachstream at the moment...
    i'm trying to find some user with toyota access and see how much the cost per pin would be.....if anyone has access write me...
    It's a key addition and it's my first toyota that recent....
    if I can I pass the customer and start to see if autel reads me smartecu....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Did you read the customer remot? If so what frequency and chip?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

id4a
    433mhz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Correction, You can reuse A9 keys by unlocking it and AA keys with Tango key programmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can’t upload pictures yet for some reason.. if you go in keydiy app go to chip function then scroll down and you will see unlock Toyota smartkey

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

You guys don’t read my post on Lexus and Toyota smart key system? Page4 (needs to match custom key) page6 is your (virgin or lock) 00 80 00 00 unlock you can write in yourself. (AA AA) can be unlock but can’t be registered unless you used tango emulator.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joker01 View Post
    already looked on keydiy and I hadn't seen anything send pictures of what you found....
    I don't have tachstream at the moment...
    i'm trying to find some user with toyota access and see how much the cost per pin would be.....if anyone has access write me...
    It's a key addition and it's my first toyota that recent....
    if I can I pass the customer and start to see if autel reads me smartecu....

if you need toyota password to complete job let me know.. i can give unlimited code for same car until you complete the job
    IF MY POST WAS HELPFUL DON'T FORGET TO GIVE ME LIKE AND REPUTATION... THAT WILL KEEP US HELPING OTHER'S

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eliaselias For This Useful Post:

brownbajan (9th February, 2024), Ecuprog31 (26th June, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

the customer accepted the job....i ordered the oem key in china....i will wait for it to arrive....
    I wanted to order emergency blades the same as mine but they are nowhere to be found.... ..
    you say that a toy40 with a groove in the center will work the same in the lock???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joker01; 30th June, 2023 at 09:48 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joker01 View Post
    the customer accepted the job....i ordered the oem key in china....i will wait for it to arrive....
    I wanted to order emergency blades the same as mine but they are nowhere to be found.... ..
    you say that a toy40 with a groove in the center will work the same in the lock???
    Yes the aftermarket ones with the longer groove will work fine. I prefer the ones with the groove to the OEM style as they're easier on the machine when cutting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

joker01 (1st July, 2023)