Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Default Benz w210 ecu hc11 reading

Hello family I have a 2001 Benz e320 w210 that I need to renew ecu for adaption because I replaced a used eis with key.. I am a little concerned on attempting to read Motorola hc11e9. The only option I have at the moment is to read with carprog but I am unsure about the processor being secured as carprog says if I attempt to read it will erase eeprom location... should I be concerned because I do see alot of dump files here on there post that the ecu where renewed that I can probably use.
    My only option at the moment is carprog with a10 adapters.
    I just want to be cautious any input would be great .
    Thanks friends. Also if Carprog is an option should I remove proccesor from board???
    Last edited by alex_r_2001; 5th February, 2019 at 01:58 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Wow nobody willing to share some knowledge .. well I tried reading by removing chip and wiring directly to carprog a10 adapter with no good outcome.. I ordered xprog when I recieve I will read mcu and renew my
    Data with mb ecu renew then I will use my autel to personalize ecu... hopefully that will work..
    If anybody is willing help me out would be appreciated also benz software HHTWIN is this software hardware specific or can I make work with a Passthru or a Serial Interface??????

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex_r_2001 View Post
    Wow nobody willing to share some knowledge .. well I tried reading by removing chip and wiring directly to carprog a10 adapter with no good outcome.. I ordered xprog when I recieve I will read mcu and renew my
    Data with mb ecu renew then I will use my autel to personalize ecu... hopefully that will work..
    If anybody is willing help me out would be appreciated also benz software HHTWIN is this software hardware specific or can I make work with a Passthru or a Serial Interface??????
    Hello use search button , i post some info for many times .100% will be xprog old version only for "win98" , download from eldb.eu
    good luck .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmin12345 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (6th February, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Why not look for advanced tool that can read it

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Hey guys my Xprog came in the mail I was able to read the chip but not until I set the frequency to 5556000.. So now I have my dumps. All I asked if somebody can check my files to make sure everything was done correctly before I solder the chip back to board...... Thankyou Family
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Anybody can check my files if I renewed ok.. If not can renew for me it's a 2001 benz e320 USA.. I dont want to solder back until I am sure.. thankyou my DK family
    Last edited by alex_r_2001; 8th February, 2019 at 07:29 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Anybody can check my files if I renewed ok.. If not can renew for me it's a 2001 benz e320 USA.. I dont want to solder back until I am sure.. thankyou my DK family
    Hello , Something is not good from what my tool says . Why you dont solder a socket on that pcb
    Isn't PLCC package ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cosmin12345; 15th February, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmin12345 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (16th February, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin12345 View Post
    Hello , Something is not good from what my tool says . Why you dont solder a socket on that pcb
    Isn't PLCC package ?
    Wouldn't a sockets footprint be to big to solder onto board, I was thinking of doing just that... I already soldered onto board but have not had time to go to the car's location... I renewed the chip with mb ecu renew 1.7 ... I will try and see what happens if not I will load your file thanks alot for your taking time to check out my files.. If I have to flash chip again I will try to do it in circuit with some diagrams I found hopefully it will work...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Update for anyone who might have issue with this car...
    In my case I had to replace eis with key so the existing engine computer Was not matched to the eis... I removed hc11e9 from me2.0 and used xprog to read data remember to set the crystal resonance 5556000 then I used mb ecu renew 1.7 to renew data and programmed back tohc11e9 afterwards I used HHTwin to do adaption and coding. Car started up fine.. but will no accelerate
    I also have not figured out is why my fobs do not lock or unlock car but when I figure out I will edit this post. If anyone needs any help just ask because it was a pain for me but at least it starts.. If somebody with more knowledge can point me in the right direction as far as the fobs not operating door locks would be a godsend
    Last edited by alex_r_2001; 21st February, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Does do EIS have to match another module in the vehicle in order for remote functions to work???

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    648 Posts

Does do EIS have to match another module in the vehicle in order for remote functions to work???
    Does the Central Locking switch work? Scan PSE, RCL and DCM for problems. I've replaced a bunch of EIS on pre-2001 202, 208 and 210 and didn't have to mess with anything else to get keyless entry working.
    <---- Coin of the Realm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to droidwayne65 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (22nd February, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok that is all I wanted to know about the key fob remote function but vehicle does not have comms with RCL I have not checked other modules. How about the no throttle response.. I also cannot find any information on what bootstrapping is so I did not mess around to much on the menus...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    648 Posts

Ok that is all I wanted to know about the key fob remote function but vehicle does not have comms with RCL I have not checked other modules. How about the no throttle response.. I also cannot find any information on what bootstrapping is so I did not mess around to much on the menus...
    If I remember correctly, Bootstrapping is the fancy name they gave correction programming and learning processes on the older cars . Try it on the throttle actuator; it will reset it to default then try to adapt it. I remember having to do it on quite a few W140s but it's been quite a while.
    <---- Coin of the Realm.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to droidwayne65 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (22nd February, 2019)