Help, need SEAT SSS1.2 6J0035156 BGY Front panel lcd 24c08 dump
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Help, need SEAT SSS1.2 6J0035156 BGY Front panel lcd 24c08 dump

Hi guys, i'm new in the forums, last sunday, my car stereo stoped working, yesterday i got the car stereo working by replacing the 24c16 i2c epprom and flashing it with a bin i found online, all was ok until today, the radio powered on but nothing was displayed on the unit lcd, and the unit buttons didnt work also, i could at least control it with the steering remote and gps unit, i oppened it up again to find that the 24c08 eeprom on the front panel was showing the same simptons has the 24cc16, but now after trying to read it with no sucess since my flashcat USB cant find the eeprom the radio does not even power on.

Can somebody provide me with a dump from the front panel 24c08 eeprom of the stereo? so i can program a new one and solder it on the front board?

It would be very helpfull since i cannot find any online
    Thanks in advance

Ricardo Cruz
    Portugal
    Last edited by tutsbar; 12th February, 2019 at 08:54 PM. Reason: not solved

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15,251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tutsbar View Post
    Hi guys, i'm new in the forums, last sunday, my car stereo stoped working, yesterday i got the car stereo working by replacing the 24c16 i2c epprom and flashing it with a bin i found online, all was ok until today, the radio powered on but nothing was displayed on the unit lcd, and the unit buttons didnt work also, i could at least control it with the steering remote and gps unit, i oppened it up again to find that the 24c08 eeprom on the front panel was showing the same simptons has the 24cc16, but now after trying to read it with no sucess since my flashcat USB cant find the eeprom the radio does not even power on.

Can somebody provide me with a dump from the front panel 24c08 eeprom of the stereo? so i can program a new one and solder it on the front board?

It would be very helpfull since i cannot find any online
    Thanks in advance

Ricardo Cruz
    Portugal
    If you flash your radio with unknown dump then you will have problems..
    Did you save the original dump?

wbr
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't confuse "Standing on my Shoulders" with "Treading on my Toes" ..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shooting For This Useful Post:

tutsbar (5th February, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, thanks for your answer, i didn't i could not recognize the original chip in the Flashcat USB software, i think maybe it was dead, i also could not recognize the chip on the panel, i went to an eletrician and had the car battery replaced has well has he said it was defect and could be the cause for this problems.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UPDATE

UPDATE - Powers on and can be controlled by steering remote or GPS unit but front panel still dead, i really need the 24C08 dump from the front panel eeprom to get it working again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool SOLVED

Finally i was able to put the unit in full working order, i replaced the i2c eeprom with one my flasher could detect in this case a 24c32 since it is bigger there is no problem, and flashed all the blocks with the FF value, after testing the unit the front panel buttons started to work but the lcd was barelly readable. i thought this had to do with a calibration value for LCD CONTRAST so i started playing with values converting decimal to hexadecimal and has i flashed all the blocks with those values the lcd was changing contrast and ended using the hex value 96 that in decimal is 150, the unit entered safe mode when i was at decimal level 60 Hexa 3C also i had to remove the 4k7 resistor that is connected to the write protection pin of the eeprom on the front panel so i could flash it onboard. to recover the unit from safe2 mode i flashed the bin i found online again that is atached to this post, and not powered up on the bench, only on the car.

If you have a similiar problem maby this can help you recovering your unit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tutsbar; 9th February, 2019 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE - i thought it was solved but 2 days after repair, lcd and panel dead again. i ordered another set from ebay.

It seem's the central cpu and the panel cpu do some kind of code check between them from time to time, i will build an i2c sniffer when the other stereo arrives and will work towards finding what are the crucial blocks that it try's to read or write on it's own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey you can send me you mail i will give you the dump 24c08 front panel seat sss1.2