Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Guest WiFi Solution

Hi all,

I am looking ideas and suggestions to put together an Guest WiFi solution for visitors to my clients site.

Currently has a good BT Business Broadband that includes WiFi, this is used by staff. What I want to do is create a separate network - utilizing the current broadband solution, but without impacting on the security of the existing network.

Ideally would have ability for staff to easily change guest WiFi password regularly (weekly / Monthly) if required.

WiFi needs to cover existing building (Stone Walls) and then across to an out building 50 meters from main building.

Look forward to any suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    First theme (separate network). Some broadband routers can manage different networks but, in my oppinion, you need a router/firewall. I use PfSense (https://www.pfsense.org) is an open source solution router, firewall, captive portal (for visitors). You can install it on an old pc or thin client using 2 or 3 lan adapters.

Second theme (stone walls). It is very difficult across stone walls. You must do a wifi heatmap of the build using especific software (https://www.acrylicwifi.com/descarga...amientas-wifi/) or manually moving an access point.

If you need more information, ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default -

Get one of those CDRKing ones kung hindi ka maselan or a used one from TPC. Then configure as access point. Just Google "wifi router to access point". Its quite easy, I used my old G-routers before as WAPs.