Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default GM MDI firmware version change / recovery mode help

Hi guys, I have an MDI which I'm not able to use. I update the firmware version to 8.3.xxx to use with VMware version, now I want to use with globalTIS and the GDS2 version installed in globalTIS v32.

The software version installed in GlobalTIS v32 that is 7.9.98, I want to match that with the firmware version on the MDI, which right now is 8.3.xxx

I followed the steps where I disconnected everything

Press and hold power button
    Plug in power cable whilst holding power button
    wait will all lights on MDI flicker then release power button
    Once the green light is highlighted on the power button on the MDI connect USB cable to laptop
    open MDI manager

At this point I assume there should be a recover button highlighted, but there is nothing except a red X on the first screen, what I'm doing wrong here, I can't do anything all the options are greyed out. Please can someone point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just a quick update, I finally managed to sort this out, the official steps did not work for me.

I left everything connected, opened the GM manager app, then I disconnected the power whilst the USB is still connected, kept the power button pressed till all of the lights flashed and then the MDI went into recovery mode in the application and after many attempts finally manged to downgrade firmware version, hope that helps anyone else stuck.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pugbug For This Useful Post:

Dunker (9th February, 2019), gsi_0890 (12th January, 2022), racin-snake (13th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same problem here! pm