Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation How useful is AVDI for US Market?

I know most of this forum are Euro folks, but there are several US locksmith here as well. I would like your honest opinion on the usefulness(worth the money) to purchase AVDI along with most common US brands and common Euro cars in the US. Or am I better off just buying other equipment (which ones you suggest?)

I estimate around $10K-$12 should cover most, but not all definitely that's around 30K I think.

Thanks in advance guys.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

The AutoProPad will cover most of your demands under 2k or the lite for 1k with no camera or Eeprom. Diagspeed at 6k that should be good for you to start.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

DigitalBacon (19th February, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    The AutoProPad will cover most of your demands under 2k or the lite for 1k with no camera or Eeprom. Diagspeed at 6k that should be good for you to start.
    Thanks ray-ray, I've thought of the AutoProPad as well, but looking up some vehicles I notice for example Mitsubishi there is no pin code read. And my current tools which would be in a another shop far away have had issues with it as well. That is why I was planning on getting something that could do most US market cards. I do think AutoProPad would be good, but I would need a complementary tool for the shortcomings of it. what would you recommend? Funny how no one ever recommends the SmartPro from AD, that was my initial intention as I have a Tcode and use a friends MVP occasionally, but after reading all the love folks have for it made me think twice.

Isn't Diagspeed mostly MB focused? would get it for sure, but later on as i want to cover as much as possible with 10K budget. still got to get some cloners like the handy baby and probably a vvdi key tool.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

CK200 is good for US market, should be included in your arsenal. This one will NOT update.

And then spend money on in some more expensive tool. Need several tools. One unit is not enough.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel3 View Post
    CK200 is good for US market, should be included in your arsenal. This one will NOT update.

And then spend money on in some more expensive tool. Need several tools. One unit is not enough.
    I got the TCODE, SKP900, X431 PRO, SBB, XTOOL x100 and CK100+. but these are all at the current shop, plan is opening a new one which is far away, so sending the tool could be 1 day away. And I also wanted new and better tools this time so that's why I was looking for the most complete tool for the US market. I prefer 1 tool that costs say $5K rather than 2 or 3 tools that cost combined say $4K.(proportionally if tool is 10K then prefer that to several tools that sum 8K). Now if tool is say 10K, but can't get 3 or 4 equally good combined or better for say 6K, then yeah not paying the extra 4K. hopefully this doesn't sound to convoluted.