Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Audi TT 2001 Cluster reset - EPPROM read and write

Hi guys,

I am relatively new member of this community, learned a lot and managed to solve some problems along the way and I am grateful for this, thanks!
    Now I am facing an issue on my car, which is a bit strange as I don't know how to go about it.
    My cluster on the Audi TT 8N is falling apart as most of them and decided to buy a replacement and refurbish it before I install it to the car.
    Once I have received the cluster, I have tried an output test using VCDS on the bench(a cable I have managed to put together and a car battery) but once the test sequence is started, it seems like it is just resetting itself, screens go off for a second every 2-3 seconds apart.
    What can it be? Corrupted eeprom file? The cluster p/n is 8N2920930A.
    I have only vag can k commander which seems useless at writing and reading. What programmer do you recommend on a low budget? I can solder if any of the tools require.

Also, I have tried correcting the mileage to the one in the car, it says OK, I disconnect the power for more than 2mins, but on start up the old mileage is still present.

Any input is highly appreciate it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

You use VCP
    Work good
    HELP == thanks + reputation

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Codekuba For This Useful Post:

OoZz (1st March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Codekuba. I have ordered the cable, I should have it soon. I will update on how I get on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Second VCP arrived today, first one had a broken interface. Connected to the Cluster on bench, but it doesn't seem to have an option to actually flash the EEPROM. I connected it to the car and it seems like it's only able to flash ECU EEPROM.
    Will a kit from eBay of CARPROG will help me in my quest?