XPROG v5.74 clone not enough power supply from USB.
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default XPROG v5.74 clone not enough power supply from USB.

Hello. About month ago I've purchased xprog v5.74 clone from aliexpress. On first try everything was ok. But today I've tried to read MCU HC(S)12 on volvo dashboard and I've noticed smoke smell from xprog, like something burned down. And. After this my xprog is working only from external power supply. From USB it is not enough. Before everything was ok. Where should I start? Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English.

P.S red indicator in the middle was lighting before with USB too, now as you see, only when I plug external power in. Without external power not works.
    Without external power supply I've got VCC Pin overloaded and sometimes device is silent.

IMG_9715.JPG

IMG_9716.JPG
    Last edited by Dewagg; 4th March, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Your XPROG is the worst quality. If you want it to work properly, you must restore it to the original. Then the highest version is 5.5.5. If you want a newer one, then you must legalize it on the ELDB website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Holtek For This Useful Post:

Dewagg (5th March, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

Im not familiar with your piggy back version Xprog but you may start checking the DC-DC converter.
    Last edited by Zmann; 9th March, 2019 at 10:34 PM.