Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OBDSTAR

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

MESSAGE FOR ALL THAT HAVE NOT OBDSTAR

don't buy this tool, i have bought one year ago and MOST of jobs don't do. also update cost tremendously for that it can do, cost 500 usd per year. i have full obdstar ( yello ) ,BEFORE I BOUGHT THAT TOOL, SELLER ( OFFICIAL WEBSITE ) TOLD ME AFTER ONE YEAR, UPDATE WILL COST 199.99 USD and when expired updates, asked for price, told me 500 usd, i got a BIG HUMMER and break that tool, so now i have not anymore that toy, recently before i shatter that tool WAS a toy for my kids. AND MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT ALL REMOTE KEYS BROKEN WHEN RENEW KEY, CHIP RENEW BUT REMOVE DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. i hope helped you guys.
    Last edited by flag; 20th February, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flag For This Useful Post:

ASCM (11th May, 2020), oxtrolopitecux (16th April, 2022)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,605 Posts

Who breaks such an expensive tool with a hammer .....only not even-tempered psychos.....!!!
    If you do not find a common language with this tool, then you need to sell it and not break it.Now you don't have tool for sale!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flag View Post
    MESSAGE FOR ALL THAT HAVE NOT OBDSTAR

don't buy this tool, i have bought one year ago and MOST of jobs don't do. also update cost tremendously for that it can do, cost 500 usd per year. i have full obdstar ( yello ) ,BEFORE I BOUGHT THAT TOOL, SELLER ( OFFICIAL WEBSITE ) TOLD ME AFTER ONE YEAR, UPDATE WILL COST 199.99 USD and when expired updates, asked for price, told me 500 usd, i got a BIG HUMMER and break that tool, so now i have not anymore that toy, recently before i shatter that tool WAS a toy for my kids. AND MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT ALL REMOTE KEYS BROKEN WHEN RENEW KEY, CHIP RENEW BUT REMOVE DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. i hope helped you guys.
    Last edited by brend; 24th February, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

a tool that doesn't even 30% of what it has in menu, and expensive update, doesn't worth to sell or to buy, so if i sell that, i am a layer

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flag For This Useful Post:

David Crockett (28th July, 2021), oxtrolopitecux (16th April, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

To confirm what @flag said I will share my experience with this tool.
    Last year I also bought an Obdstar X300 DP Plus C package full. All this time I managed to do only the following :

1. Ford fiesta 2008 mileage correction ( attention will write the wrong value on odometer, for example if you want a value of 180.000 you must enter 300.000)
    2. Some Renault pin codes... Laguna, Megan, Clio, for 80% of the brands it does nothing always the same connection error.
    3. Add key for Range Rover ( twice), for rest of the brands it works 60%
    4. Read eeprom in circuit sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work ( in circuit reading is subjective, so I will not insist on this).
    5. Last days I tried to clone a OPEL BCM ( CONTINENTAL 70F3469+95160) on the car or bench.. same result : Unknown BCM, reading eeprom does work. I made it with carprog in 3 min.
    In conclusion: you will be able to use only 30-50% of the functions from the menu. Is hard for me to say what works and what doesn't work couse I didn't get to test all the functions but one thing is sure, do not rely on this device because in most cases it will do nothing !
    Most useful in this package and what I use daily is bench cable and remote tester.
    I would like to sell it but what should I say to buyer ? This device costs $ 1,600 I sell it for half the price
    because will do exactly half of what is on the menu ? And this is not all ....for an update that will probably do almost nothing you have to pay another $ 500.
    My subscription expired 3 months ago, I could pay $ 500 for renewal if a representative would guarantee that something had changed and I will be able to use this device at least 90% of what they should do but I doubt that in 3 months something could have changed.
    PS. The attached image is only to prove that I own this device, not to sell it.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nagold For This Useful Post:

cubica1 (27th September, 2020), mnem (26th December, 2021), oxtrolopitecux (16th April, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Many of you want to buy chip tool and make do job for less money!
    If you want to do job buy something better zed full or abrites pay lot off money and do job for more money. Obdstar tools is good for second tool.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgubi For This Useful Post:

roony75 (10th July, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgubi View Post
    Many of you want to buy chip tool and make do job for less money!
    If you want to do job buy something better zed full or abrites pay lot off money and do job for more money. Obdstar tools is good for second tool.

I have VVDI, Abrites and Smok UHDS each activated with what I need, but also I bought obdstar thinking i made a good deal... that's what we're all looking for, am I not right? if it was true would have been a good deal but that's it, I risked 1600 and I'm not complaining because it's not my main tool.would have been
    Last edited by nagold; 21st April, 2020 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Back with update :
    Another failed attempt to add key to an Opel Vectra c 2004 year, the same shit as usual "communication breakdown" bla bla bla. Trivial operation that can be done with opcom in 5 min.
    Solved with Abrites in a few minutes.
    I will try to keep you up to date with all the features to make sure what software works properly and which not work.
    It would be very useful for us if those who own this tablet to tell us what functions they have tested and doesn't work.
    If any software or application is unable to perform the client requirements or execute the chosen functions with accuracy, it may lead to significant loss of money and efforts.

Thank you !

Take care of yourself and your family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

my experience with this tool
    chinoise cars greatwall jac ... = good
    PSA read pin = good
    renault pin = good
    kia hyndai = good
    renault mealage = not ok
    vw MQB = not ok
    renew key = not ok

13. The Following User Says Thank You to roony75 For This Useful Post:

cubica1 (27th September, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Toyota Prius 2015 year, lost all key, do not possible mace reset.
    Smart key ecu eeprom read ok, but simulated key type 98 not supported jet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following User Says Thank You to key For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I decided to take the tablet out of the box, pay for the subscription and update it to see what has changed just out of my curiosity and guess what?
    Something seems to have changed in better, the menu is different and much easier to use and to my surprise, many functions really work now. I did a few keys for Renault, Opel, VW, reading the PIN code, I cloned some ecu and bcm and it really worked perfectly.
    The conclusion is: everything is going well and I hope it stays in that way, if at least 50% of what does not work is corrected in the next updates it is really a good investment.
    By the way, the subscription is no longer $ 500, it is $ 400

Regards

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nagold For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts

uuufff...I have bought older version (black case tablet) OBDSTAR X300 Pro4, only key programming.
    My experiences...not bad, no so good...still not sure about, I'm owner for a short time ...but..
    OPEL:
    ***Astra H 2009 Z17DTJ - can't read PIN from ECM, from DIS display can't, also - so I've read handly from DIS 93c56, but coding PCF7941 toogether with remote afternarket key 2 buttons for a second !!!

RENAULT:
    ***Kangoo 2008 1.5dci - can read PIN but do not needed for coding...7946 remote 2 buttons aftermarket, immediately, like charm
    ***Clio 1.5dci_2004_UCH 93c66_PCF7936_aftermarket key 1 button_coding in a second! Also, has an fantastic function-can solve UCH collision on one click and UCH is a live again (in case you make bad coding or similar stupidity-tipically for my self

FIAT:
    ***Stilo_1.6_16V_IAW5NF.T1_3K91D read file and PIN, usefull if you need to coding remote with MES or FES

PEUGEOT:
    ***P206_1.4L_2002_Sagem 2000-2A_Siemens BSI-E0X, BSI-F0X read eeprom, PIN, programming KD NB11 key for a second!

That's all, will update later more...please, do the same to share experiences...!!!

regards,
    cuby

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

To be honest i have AVDI, VVDI, Autel, Lonsdor, MVP, ZedFull, TDB, ... and ObdStar 300 key master ... and it works excelent key programming with Fiat, Kia, Hyundai, Ford (last update excelent, fast, great!) ... Mileage like Audi A6 2011, AVDI could not do it via OBD and ObdStar done it realy easy ... so it is not perfect but not that bad for that cost ...
    4f 54 54 4f 52 45 20 45 4c 45 43 54 52 4f 4e 49

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

hello guys
    i have obdstar x300 dp plus. do anynone has tried to make all key lost immo 5 audi a4 year 2010?
    i have tried but no communication with bcm2 , i can add a key when the car already has key but all key lost i can't.
    thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

X300 Pro3 feedback:

Milleage:
    Skoda Octavia III DSG 2017 - succes
    Golf6 2012 DSG - succes
    Ford Focus 2006 - succes
    VW Transporter T5 2007 - fail
    Opel Astra K 2017 - fail