Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default More problems with my F800GS. Please help with some ideas.

Hi all.
    I am still trying to fix my broken F800GS and failing miserably so far. I hope someone can give me an idea what to try next. I am learning quickly, and I have some tools now (BDM clone, ZedBull and a BDM frame) so I know how to read and write the ECU using the BDM. And I now know basics about how things work. And yes, the more I learn the more I realise I know nothing. But that’s why I have you lot!

So, my bike ECU died, and I acquired a replacement from ebay. I then sent both BMSKPs to a complete muppet who copied the donor over the original and destroyed all my original data in the process without taking a backup. (And yes, I paid him for that!).

I swapped the ECU for the new one on the bike. All seemed ok apart form that I get EWS on the screen (key is not being recognised). That was expected as the data is from the donor bike. So, one of the great guys from this forum here helped me out to create a key using a blank pcf transponder and ZedBull. Unfortunately the bike still gives an EWS and refuses no start. So:

-The Ring Antenna is good (I have 3 of them, two brand new ones)
    -The continuity from ECU to RA is fine on all 4 pins.
    -The battery has been swapped with another one charged using optimate and has solid 12.6V
    -The ECU seems ok in that it connects with ISTA when RA is not connected.

What can possibly be the cause of this? Anything you think of to try. Apart from ceremonially sacrificing chickens, I am about ready to try anything at all?

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Hi. What part kit u have?

Envoyé de mon LLD-L31 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi. Thank you for trying to help.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand the question, though. Do you mean what is the part number of the ECU? If that is what you mean, they are both variants of BOSCH ME 9.2.0. The original is BOSCH 0 261 209 127 and the replacement is 0 261 209 191 IS that what you meant?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nobody has any ideas at all? Looks like I am truly up the creek with no paddle...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi All.

Well, Kobayashi Maru… I managed to “side-step” the problem by buying a lockset of ebay. That was really more to work out what is going on than a “solution” as such.
    The good news is that the bike now starts.
    The bad news is that the ECU/Key is from a different bike. my bike is an F800GS the ECU is from F800ST.

I learned from lurking on this forum for a long time that VIN / mileage could be changed but…

The question for you guys: Is is possible to make a F800GS BIN to write to my ECU without losing the key information? (so I don’t end up with EWS again)? Could anyone help and point me in the right direction please?