Register
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default 3D Group whats happened ?

Anyone know whats happening with 3D Group ? Not answering phone today, bad at answering emails. And a cryptic statement on the website saying

"Due to unforeseen circumstances our office has had to close until further notice. This has resulted in us not being able to process any orders, including any placed today. We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused and we will notify all of our customers as soon as business can resume."

Closed until further notice sounds a bit ominous.

Anyone got any idea ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Got s phone call from them today. Apparently their servers are down and they cannot process any orders... at least thats what I’ve been told.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider72 View Post
    Got s phone call from them today. Apparently their servers are down and they cannot process any orders... at least thats what I’ve been told.
    Got 2 dispatch emails this afternoon, so looks like they are up and running again.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Glade you brought this to my attention.
    Last month I found out one of the remote I bought from 3D did not work so I decided to send it back to them for a new one, the information they were asking I could not believe it. They told me every other customer is able to fill out the returns form correctly when requested in order for them to send you the new parts, look at the PDF form attached are you all ready to fill this form.

You have to declare the registration of the car it failed to programme the remote they send you including chassis number obviously without the customers consent, wait a minute has any of you got this information when the customer is already mad because you have wasted his time when the remote key has failed to programme to car and have got guts to ask him for this information.

You all need to read The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) came into force on 25 May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998. If you gave this information without the consent of the customer you have committed an offence.

I bought few new Renault key cards from onlyda.com and one of them was faulty they ask me to read card info photo and they send me another one no forma to fill.

As far as I can say if the company says they share personal information with others – and you don’t want that – then don’t do business with them before you get in the very big trouble.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

autoTkey (11th April, 2019), WD40 (23rd March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The information the company asking and involving third party normally has no legal rights in the matter unless the contract was made for the third party's benefit, just ignorant basically they are refusing to give you the replacement of the faulty parts, it will be suicides if I have to buy from them, I bought few remotes from autowave they replaced faulty ones no question asked.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WD40 For This Useful Post:

Autowave (16th October, 2019), super jumbe (27th March, 2019), yugo45 (27th March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,301 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PremierD For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (26th March, 2019)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Would be good to know what the problem was. Quite a lot of stuff is out of stock atm. Wonder if its related......

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Their return procedure is a joke I was sent wrong key blades too much hassle to return that is why i only use them for blanks keys and transponders nothing else

i buy remotes elsewhere .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertre For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (26th March, 2019)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

I was spending over £800 every month and because of bad practice they have lost that revenue and eventually I got the better deal to the new supplier.
    Goods may be returned to supplier if they carry defects or if they are not according to the specifications of the buyers. While many retailers have decided this makes for the best business practice, I found out the hard way thanks god for that...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

godfathertre (26th March, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

if the do not simplify their return policy the will loose more customer on their behalf any orders are usually delivered very quick .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertre For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (27th March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They got hit with Trading standards. Selling key with manufactures logo's. I believe it was a joint action starting from PSA group with Ford involved.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

what was the problem if the FORD keys were genuine FORD items? i wondered why all out of stock now

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

the statement made by 3d stated that trading standards siezed every key bearing a logo that was not in original manufacturer packaging , they had no interest in anything aftermarket just stock bearing a manufacturer logo , if it was not in official manufacture packaging it was deemed potentially counterfeit and siezed .

however many dealer keys do not come in dealer packaging as was proven by a delivery that turned up whilst they were there on the raid , as they could see this came from the manufacturer they didnt sieze this .

if 3d have done nothing wrong , ie sell non oem as oem , then i imagine it will be a long complex task of showing purchase proofs for the siezed goods to prove providence , an expensive task i suspect and i nightmare to prove that the purchase proofs relate to the actual siezed keys and not another batch , its one massive headache.

with trading standards , like hmrc its down to you to prove innocence not the other way around. i imagine many suppliers are now making big changes , i had stock arrive from another supplier today with no logo on key . penalties are severe in such cases with a standard £5000 or 2 years in prison for each offence convicted of , the severity depends on how they catagorise each offence , key by key , key model by model , brand by brand etc as if key by key or key model by model then thats potentially alot of £5000 fines that rack up.

one has to sympathise , as one big headache to unravel and a harsh position to be in.

its fact that 3d grew very quickly to be the biggest supplier of keys in the uk , so they hit the biggest first , so victims of their own success maybe , and its possible their feathers are ruffled by osca too , ive no doubt car manufacturers have instigated and even bankrolled this , in hitting the biggest supplier in uk then they disrupt the entire supply chain , ie us , making oem stock scarce .

i wonder how this now affects us , as how many of us sell an oem key that is not in manufacturer packaging .
    , and face it , i bet customer records were siezed too , so wouldnt be hard to find us , though they dont normally bother unless a big case

the best way we as customers can help them is support them as customers , and wish them luck and hope they get through this not terminally wounded , to add to their pain they are also mourning the passing of their managing director and father , so a bad time for all of them , and i for one feel for them and hope all improves.

Add to this DHL in the uk clamping down , they now ring before delivering shipments from china demanding invoice value proofs prior to delivery , coincidence ?
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 9th April, 2019 at 11:02 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (10th April, 2019), u.s (11th April, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

it's an normal procedure for all aftermarket parts .... including OEM parts to : no logo is the first rule !