BMW Z3 coding plug dump needed, code 1!
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMW Z3 coding plug dump needed, code 1!

Hi All,
    I need to replace a lost coding plug. I should have made a backup. The chip was 93c46. It is a 2000 vin LG03236. Cluster is VDO but dont know the version or sw, the cluster test doesnt show much since the coding plug is missing asides code 1. Who can assist?

I have a gq-3x to program another plug, just not sure of the operation with DS2 coding structure and the checksum. Is this the easiest way to do this ? Or get an ads interface and recode the ike with inpa? Will that re-do the external coding plug?
    The IKE should, IMO, auto populate a replacement 'clean' plug since the other internal eeprom has the redundant information and similarly some information in the EWS. This did not occur. I think the external eeprom, the coding plug's chip is only 1024 bytes and the internal eeprom is twice that.

Trying to make an ADS interface from 6-7 schematics has been interesting as learning K and L bus and newer I and CAN bus for newer BMW's. I started out thinking obd2 was the way and used ELM323 but since then have found INPA to be more on target to get IKE and the coding plug fix but i'm still at the OSI 1-2 level there, have not made one and guessing by ebay have received non functional vag cables with ch 340 chipsets that INPA doesnt respond to. I believe all that is required to interface is a one wire K bus half-duplex bi-directional communications path from pc to ecu with a simplex (1 way) communications path, the L bus. That INPA likes.

I do believe though that a dump file may work from seeing some posts here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Communication over the 1 wire K line using DS2 protocol stated is 9600 baud. Bidirectional and half-duplex. Some schematics such as the original ADS Miniface have from the pc or DTE a rs232c chip to make TTL voltage signals from the DTE's UART which is a serial transmission then to another chip such as an AND gate or inverter with battery level logic to the ecu, the DCE.

Communication over the 1 wire L line is unidirectional and I assume also uses DS2 protocol but not sure of the direction. The pc end is RI or ring indicator so this could mean the communication is primarily from the ecu or otherwise the DCE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts