0 Posts

Question Looking for a Image with a working Satfinder

hi

Am pretty much a Newbie when it comes to the sat scene

Anyways 2 months back i got a 1m diseqc dish insalled

and I have 2 linux boxes

Currently I have the itgate 220 on cable tuner with V media of course

And an Open media 500CS connected to V media and the 1M motorised Dish

the guy who installed the Dish basically tuned the channels in for me as I couldn be able to do it

what was happening is that I was select lets 19.2 e however on that I could only manage to find 400 channels and this was same wit all the satelites

so I had to call him over again to Tune it in for me

when he does it... it located all the channels with any problems at all... he was using some next level sat finder which he connected to my box so that he knows where the dish is moving

Now I am running the Enigma image on the 500cs and the image does have a sat find built in but it doesnt seem to work

So is there an image which has a working Sat finder?

regards
    unadkat

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to find some sat you nead strong transponds other wise the motor woil just driver past them once you found them you nead to store them and then run a scan go to lying sat LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite and find a FTA transponder on the sat you are looking for then make sure your reciver looks for that sat with that tansponder you should find your sats then

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

thanks kevin I will give it a try and see how I do

regards
    Unadkat

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kevin64 View Post
    to find some sat you nead strong transponds other wise the motor woil just driver past them once you found them you nead to store them and then run a scan go to lying sat LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite and find a FTA transponder on the sat you are looking for then make sure your reciver looks for that sat with that tansponder you should find your sats then
    Would it be easier to do it via Usals?

regards
    unadkat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unadkat View Post
    Would it be easier to do it via Usals?

regards
    unadkat
    I'd say yes, if you look round you'll find loads of engima 1 motorised settings that you can send to your openmedia using dreamboxedit.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.