Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Talking 2003 focus instrument cluster and ids

Got customer with 2003 focus and mileage isnt displayed and abs and handbrake w/l. Comes on with no faults. Diagnosed cluster ?66+vat, cheap eh? but on back order. Was going to get local ford garage to program it but back order. So heres my question is it possible to program these instrument clusters with clone ids? And if so on what version. Ford garage as already said will lose mileage is that true or can you program mileage into new cluster with ids, ids clone. much thanks in advance

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Yeah, feeling of de ja vous, the milage will be zero, we had one last week same shit differant day, PremiarD and myself we talking about this in the ecu section, the one we had, (Meat-Head Motors) just plugged it in and took his money, phoned couple of repair places ?99+vat for repait ?69+ vat for new, 'not possable' to wind milage up, didn't go to fords, just plug and walked away.

The old clocks i have sat next to me, i'm going to change the two capictors sometime within the next 10 years for a laugh and see what happens.

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Smile

Well my local ford dealer says must be programmed? Im quite friendly with them cant see them saying it, if didnt need it as anyone else had this? thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdmaster View Post
    Well my local ford dealer says must be programmed? Im quite friendly with them cant see them saying it, if didnt need it as anyone else had this? thanks in advance
    2003 mate ....24c16 eeprom ...with the data in it ..Change it to New/ second hand cluster .... should work ....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PremierD View Post
    2003 mate ....24c16 eeprom ...with the data in it ..Change it to New/ second hand cluster .... should work ....
    Not going to argue with anyone, but the one i have is also 2003 and seems to just have NEC processer, but it involves using energy to LITTERALLY extend my right arm and check.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

lm sure ford r doing these for 100 pound all in fitted because off a known fault
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    lm sure ford r doing these for 100 pound all in fitted because off a known fault
    Yes that is the word on the street i have heard. Apparantly it was on watchdog, but i don't do telly, just Digital-Kaos!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Yes that is the word on the street i have heard. Apparantly it was on watchdog, but i don't do telly, just Digital-Kaos!
    this is before they agreed to do it for a ton

Ford is planning to review its complaint process after admitting it has been slow to act on a problem with sticking dials on Mk1 Ford Focus instrument panels.

The problem was highlighted on the BBC's Watchdog programme this week, following complaints from owners that the dials on their cars' speedometer were freezing. An estimated 130,000 Focus Mk1s were sold in 2003.

Ford has admitted that the units are failing because a printed circuit board fitted behind the instrument panel is corroding after four to five years, and has launched an investigation into how the problem was caused and how it can be rectified.

A spokesman said: 'As well has investigating a permanent solution to this problem, we are looking at ways to track concerns like this better.

'We received 120 calls about this problem, but because the cars were out of warranty we didn't pick up on the amount of complaints coming in as quickly as we would have liked. We would certainly have wanted to pick up on it earlier, so we could have found a solution sooner.'

The spokesman said Ford would only decide what action to take once its investigation was complete, but confirmed that the issue would not lead to a recall, because it was not safety-related.

He declined to comment on whether motorists who had paid for new instrument clusters, which cost ?350-?500 to be replaced at Ford dealers, would be reimbursed.

Motorists with faulty speedometers are breaking the law unless they are on their way home or to a garage, and are liable for a fine of up to ?1000.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

[QUOTE=smirnoff_rules;376276] the units are failing because a printed circuit board fitted behind the instrument panel is corroding after four to five years, and has launched an investigation into how the problem was caused and how it can be rectified QUOTE]

???? looking at the one next to me (with CLONE lexia 3 on other side) is would apperar to be something daft kind of fault like capacitor, or smegulator, SMD transister or something, nice to know what though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,302 Posts

Not going to argue with anyone, but the one i have is also 2003 and seems to just have NEC processer, but it involves using energy to LITTERALLY extend my right arm and check.
    If you do mate .... at the same time (muti task )Grab your camera and snap a pickie .....(of the cluster that is )....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PremierD View Post
    If you do mate .... at the same time (muti task )Grab your camera and snap a pickie .....(of the cluster that is )....
    SERIOUSLY my camera is about 6" from my left knee, usb cable in box, batterys for camara on radator behind me, but if i'm going to get up to get the battery's them i'm going to go to Tesco.com, in the freezing cold and download a pizza for my tea. Whilst i'm out, what excatly do you want photographing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,302 Posts

SERIOUSLY my camera is about 6" from my left knee, usb cable in box, batterys for camara on radator behind me, but if i'm going to get up to get the battery's them i'm going to go to Tesco.com, in the freezing cold and download a pizza for my tea. Whilst i'm out, what excatly do you want photographing?
    One ..or both sides of the PCB mate ....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post

My local ford dealer gave me price done of around ?165, but he says if i take panels off and on he will fit and program for me for much less price. Dont want to say how much as customer maybe reading.

The question is do they need programming or not?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdmaster View Post
    My local ford dealer gave me price done of around ?165, but he says if i take panels off and on he will fit and program for me for much less price. Dont want to say how much as customer maybe reading.

The question is do they need programming or not?
    l ordered one a few weeks back and the parts guy ( kieth ) said not to bother as they where doing for 100 quid . told customer as l couldn't of programmed it anyway and they did it last week for the 100 quid m8

chambers of sutton did it

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Smile

ile phone ford in morning thanks for that m8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast