Peugeot 307cc mileage correction: instrument cluster pcb/module disassembly
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Peugeot 307cc mileage correction: instrument cluster pcb/module disassembly

Hey guys,

I would like to ask you for your support with fixing wrong mileage in the instrument cluster. I have a Nec dashboard programmer and UPA with NEC adapter and already found the pinout for the built-in "upd 780973" in the forum.
    My actual problem is that i am not sure how to seperate the module from the rest of the instrument cluster since the servos or rather the indictator needles are in my way. I'm not sure if the needles can be pulled off or how to go on without damaging anything...

I attached a few pictures of my cluster and hope that you can give me a small hint, because I don't want to damage the cluster.

Thank you very much
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

ok been a long time but im sure last time I took the needles of I prised them upwards I use a household fork and a piece of paper to protect dash front.
    if I remember rightly the circular cover pops off the needle and slides down the needle to remove , the a pair of long nose pliers gripping the top of the needle and pull the up and away from dash. when replacing place the circular top onto the needle (sometime small dab of superglue) and place dash back in car. power up to ignition and replace needles back on .

it makes sense when your doing it .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to evss For This Useful Post:

jaykay86 (21st April, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

dont forget you need to do bsi as well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evss For This Useful Post:

jaykay86 (27th April, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

use two spoons and remove needles upwards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sagie For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay86 View Post
    Hey guys,

I would like to ask you for your support with fixing wrong mileage in the instrument cluster. I have a Nec dashboard programmer and UPA with NEC adapter and already found the pinout for the built-in "upd 780973" in the forum.
    My actual problem is that i am not sure how to seperate the module from the rest of the instrument cluster since the servos or rather the indictator needles are in my way. I'm not sure if the needles can be pulled off or how to go on without damaging anything...

I attached a few pictures of my cluster and hope that you can give me a small hint, because I don't want to damage the cluster.

Thank you very much
    just turn needles on left side and push up

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kizagt For This Useful Post: