Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Mini dash flash with R270+ and bricked, please advice..

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience and seeking for advice on my case yesterday with two mini dash, my friend ask me to rewrite the VIN from original dash(out of function) and copy that VIN to used dash, so that he can code the default settings to the car using NCSExpert.

before the surgery, the used dash can lights up when installed to the car, just unable to code using NCSExpert

It's the first time I played with MINI and using R270+ and following the soldering diagram discussed in this thread
    https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...dash+dump+r270

and everything goes smooth, i can read the eeprom and flash from original dash and also used dash, I backup those to files, then I tried to copy the used dash, and then update the VIN and write it back to the used dash.

I tried to load that modified eeprom file and click write, after less than 30 seconds, eeprom write success!

then I put in the car, the dash is simply not lighting at all, only the air-bag lights up and all other are NOT lighting up.. then I assume I may encountered the checksum stuff which invalidated the eeprom? (please i have no idea if the eeprom memory structure has something like that?)

since I have backup the used dash eeprom, i then reflash it back to the one I backup, and when I put in the car, same, the dash is not lighting at all, just the air-bag..

I am wondering is that I have physically damaged the mini dash which making the dash not working properly?

or is that I will need to re-mask the 3k91d during the write back using R270+ (while i cannot find any options doing that, and i assume the program is actually secure it back when doing the write process?)

Thanks for your time, and would like to know which part I am actually doing wrong as I bricked two dashes :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

check for flux on board around the mcu pins! happened to me once with a cas3

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Tried to just remove car battery for a few minutes and put back on ? Seen some strange things in BMW when updating components even with original tools.