Register

Hybrid View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nissan AIRBAG Flashing dash icon - stuck in diagnosis mode?

Just wondering if anyone had any similar situation.

It's 2016 Nissan ENV200, had some air bags removed and resistors fitted. Airbag icon on the dash is flashing slowly. Diagnostics shows no fault codes (even genuine Nissan Consult III). I think it's the diagnosis menu you can access for getting fault code by reading the flashes on the dash. However, the flash pattern suggests the system is OK. More confusing though, when you switch the car off it should return to normal operation, but when you switch ign back on it's still flashing. I have tried disconnecting the battery, reconnecting some of the air bags, nothing worked. What did work was that I have removed two out of three connectors at the airbag ECU end (connector with power supply was still connected) and switched the ign on. Then off. Then reconnected all of the connectors. Switch ign on and no more flashing airbags.

Any thoughts? I think it was "stuck" in the loop for diagnosis menu. Is it possible?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Error codes (DTCs) when you connect a scanner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No DTC codes at all, tried Launch and genuine Consult III diagnostic..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

I had this issue with Rogue and had to replace the module. After swapping out the module it went back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did not replaced anything. I simply disconnected two plugs and left the one with the power supply. Siwthed ign on, then airbag light was blinking differently - providing codes. Once all reconnected it started to work fine and the light was off. Really looked like it was software issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To save of creating new thread, what hardware is suggested to use with Consult III where programming functions is required?