Thread: MQB Keys

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Default MQB Keys

Hello All

Only have Supervag to add MQB keys at the minute and getting some enquiries asking for Golf 7, Skoda etc.

Looking dealer keys that are ready to programme to car with Supervag.

Can these only be bought from VAG dealership or are there other stockists ?

If so what sort of cost for the likes of Golf 7 ?

Thanks in advance 👍🏻👍🏻

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Well I think from economic side this has no sense at all. If you need to buy key from dealer then just better for both you and customer to let customer go to the dealer straight away. But that's only my thoughts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (24th May, 2019), rokibar (24th May, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi P1et

Seen “dealer keys” on a couple of web sites for around £60.

They claim they are ready to programme straight to car that’s why I posted here to see if this is the case.

The rate where I live is around £150/160 for MQB I know this because I’ve sold a few and passed them on to a mate with Abrites.

£100 profit a go is good for here

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

But the store cannot supply 'dealer key' so that must be a mistake. Only way you can get real dealer key is from actual dealer by giving them VIN number and for sure that won't cost 50gbp. Every store which sell OEM keys, they need to be precoded first and Supervag cannot do this ATM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (24th May, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks for clarification P1et 👍🏻

Usual Bullshit online more false claims 😬

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

so invest in a tool like abrites or vvdi 2 and you can then do mqb keys , if as you say its £100 profit per job then 20 jobs and your vvdi2 is paid for , 50 jobs and your abrites vag is paid for , however you have left it late , its only a matter of time before the chinese machines do these , so the advantage will be gone , the rates will drop and you struggle to get payback. so the question is can you quickly achieve payback on investing in these tools , if yes then what are you waiting for.

tools like abrites for all their faults do give you an advantage , it was once a huge advantage but others have caught up , but on new models it gives you an advantage that you use to get payback , it is the benefit of investing at the top end, once china catches up which they always do the advantage is lost and you hope to have achieved payback by this time and earnt a pot to reinvest in the next new advantage.

the best profit is and always will be in what the cheaper kits and the clones cannot do , thus the price cutters and the beer brigade cant kill rates on .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (24th May, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Abrites is not for me. Was with a mate last week who has it he drove for over an hour to do 2 spares for a Merc Vito had everything done went to make dealer keys message connecting to server for nearly 2 hrs. Tried everything it was all good our end with full network coverage. Contacted support but nothing until the next day they said wasn’t their side which was a lie. Next day drive back job done in 10 minutes. Abrites server is now under pressure due to everything getting moved online and will only get worse. I’ll invest in VVDI 2 and Tango and that’s me for a while. Like you say the Chinese are working hard to catch up and they will and probably overtake Abrites in the future. Supervag are apparently working with Tango to crack the MQB spare key also and update due out at the end of the year.

Lockouts will always pay here as beer boys either can’t be arsed or can’t use lishi. Done 2 yesterday one AKL( Peugeot 308 ) and one lockout ( Audi TT ) so still a market for this fortunately

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

jimmy , if mqb keys are the next comming in your area then why not invest in the new mqb release from TDB1000 as you have the hardware , it gives coverage for spare keys now and at a low price , so cheap solutions are already available .

the downside of course is that now cheaper solutions are available it wont be very long before your anticipated profit is a thing of the past , as soon as you can buy it cheap then so can the price cutters and it becomes just another add on line

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (24th May, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

TDB1000 only works with dealer precoded keys currently
    Tools owned -
    AD100 PRO, Lonsdor, FVDI 18, FVDI 20, VVDI PROG, VVDI2, VVDI MB
    CGDI BMW, SuperVag, Renault ECU tool, OBDstar X300 DP Plus, AUTEL im508
    VVDI Mini Keytool, KeyDIY KDX2, SBB, ACDP CAS/KVM
    Opcom, VCDS pro, Diagbox, Multiecuscan, Forscan, JLR SDD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sdnatlst For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (24th May, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

thats good news for now

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Yes both TDB1000 and Supervag can do these but only dealer key at present.

Apparently HB 2 can do these these also with dealer key

I’ll get VVDI2 and Tango and close the coverage net a bit further
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 24th May, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

there was a time not long ago that abrites vag was the only serious option , but if i was setting up today id buy vvdi2 as similar coverage and far better value and on some applications better , abrites constant money making licence jiggles and removal off offline bmw software and money squeezing schemes has made it non viable for many .
    but i suspect if and when sales slow down or stop , even xhorse will move to a new tool or find a way of charging for updates or coverage , as no manufacturer or developer can continue to develop new coverage without a substantial revenue stream keeping comming in , all tools have their expiry .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Yes Rapid from my point of view VVDI2 is a more sensible option. No doubt Abrites was and still is a good tool but the online set up is putting me right off it. After seeing the server in limbo for hours it confirms it has problems and potentially will have even bigger problems in the future as they move more packages online. It seems either their server can’t cope or they haven’t enough bandwidth.

If it goes tits up £2k loss with VVDI is bearable but £20-30k on Abrites with software you don’t even own?

I used to have an interest in a web design company we handled all the freelance photographers pictures for the Irish and Northern Ireland press. Basically they posted pics on site and newspapers bid, paid and downloaded them for next days papers.

We had a secure server in Florida it was hacked and went down for 2 months. Guy in Turkey hacked it and wanted a £10,000 ransom. Other servers were hacked at the same server farm causing serious disruption to a lot of British and American companies.

This happened one year after 9-11 so they thought it might have been a terrorist attack on American servers

It was serious enough that we received calls from the FBI to give them any information we had they also run numerous scans on our websites to try and source hacker.