Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sbb 48.88 Clone

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Xtool and T300, you are summing up tools that do about the same stuff in the same league, just above SBB but not that much extra. If you pay little, don't expect to get much. I'm relatively new and already have some of the Abrites tools official (don't use those blindly, you brick stuff sooner as you may think), TMPRo (not used to be honest), VCDS, OpCom, FoCom, Autel IM608, Handy Baby, KD X2 (all official and some also used for my diagnostic business) etc. Besides that I do indeed af a suitcase full of other china clones as a back up for the older cars. But as stated above, is is feeling your way around and adding tools as you go along... which will cost you a sh$tload of money . Not to speak about all chips, ready to go keys both mechanical and with fob, key cutting tool(s) etc. It is really not 'just something to try'... do it or don't but read your eyes out and build a knowledge base before deciding you will really do this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Matronix For This Useful Post:

Andr33iy98 (26th May, 2019)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well and there you have it.... got my SBB 48.88 in as I wanted to see if it could be and extra backup for older cars... hooked it up on my own Vectra C and the thing starts to smell and smoke. Boots up though. Steering wheel sign on the dash and maintanance sign... key out, bloody thing taken off, and no start. Ready to pop out my testers but then car started again with no direct signs of any issues left so far (phjew...) . Reviews were 100 good 5 star ones, but I will never ever hook this one up on a car again. This is the risque of these tools, you may end up with a misproduction of this cheap stuff.

Hopefully no more damage is done to my loyal Opel #cough cough* since I had put in a fresh engine just last year so not ready to say goodbye just yet.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Yeah SBB

Super Bad Tool
    Last edited by Ecuprog31; 30th May, 2019 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

price of SBB is cheap,and other tool higher than SBB
    You get what you pay for!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about vag409 for vw group ? Strictly for odemeter correction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12