Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Audi Q7 v8 4.2Tdi EZS ELV Kessy 4F0905852D solution

Hi everybody.

I Damaged the mcu 9S12DG256 0L01Y Secured by trying to read with Orange 5.
    It's from a Audi Q7 2008 4.2Tdi S-Line steering lock module HW part number 4F0905852D SW 4F0910852B same numbers as the Audi A6 2008 > steering locks.

I managed to get another used module from A6, and got a virgin eeprom file loaded into the new mcu 9S12DG128 (from A6). HW 4F0905852B SW 4F0910852.

Once connected to the car and insert the key it automatically (without adapting or coding anything) unlocks the steering module and when switch key to ignition on it responds with ignition on, but cannot start the engine, get SAFE displayed in dash and Component Protection errors on most modules.

Does anyone knows the adaptations procedure for steering lock on Q7s?
    Searched on Ross Tech but can't get procedures for EZS adaptation for Q7.
    Don't have AVDI and to invest in one with VAG parts adaptation function is 4k$ >

Also what is the best tool for MC9S12DG256 0L01Y Mask secured for read & write.
    I read many people killing 9s12 with Xprog M v5.50.
    How about the new Xprog M V5.70 or V5.75 or V5.84
    Rosfar r260 original is 1k€> and also some people report not being able to read with it.
    Orange 5 had a terrible experience with 9S12DG256, but reads 9S12DG128 flash and eeprom and writes eeprom for 9S12DG128 Secured without a problem.

Another solution looking forward would be Online ODIS with GeKo, but it's a process and involves some paperwork to register for GeKo at Audi erWin.

Any way you can help please. I'm stuck in search for a solution.

Many thanks in advance.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Managed to start the car with new used steering lock and new key, and made IMMO OFF on both ECUs, Master and Slave 4L0910409D.
    Car now start, but with component protection.
    Remote locks and unlocks.
    "SAFE" displayed on cluster, A/C console not working, no sound on radio.
    Step 2 now. Clearing component protection.
    Anyone knows a solution for Component Protection removal other than online Odis or AVDI.
    Last edited by James MR2; 31st July, 2019 at 06:27 AM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

"Safe" instead of the daily odometer will still appear periodically - these are the consequences of immo off. You do not know how another?
    Components Protection can be done on dumps - to know for sure whether it will work or not, it is necessary to get Gateway dump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dimon9555 For This Useful Post:

immoneard (21st April, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,616 Posts

Last edited by brend; 30th June, 2022 at 12:54 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Went online with Odis and cleared all component protection errors.
    Now only issue is the "SAFE" on trip display. The "SAFE" on center cluster display is gone after component protection removal.

It could not code the master ECU Online, it might have been assigned to another vehicle on FAZIT database already. ECU is unusable as per FAZIT error.

Two options available.
    a) Get a new or used ecu and try to code online. (Expensive solution).
    b) Set up the EZS eeprom data to match the ecu and key. Going on this way is much exciting and cheap perhaps.

So far key was done with tango and its working. It unlocks and starts.

Managed to assign the 2bit PIN and the 6bit CS from ECU and the other 6bit took the same from old donor EZS, so that is, the first 6bit CS is from donor EZS and the second part CS 6bit is the one extracted from ECU.
    Would that work for the engine bothe ECUs Master and Slave and for the Transmissions TCM? Or There is a procedure or specific way to get the full 12bit CS?

Now i need your help to alocate the MAC from both ECU's Master and Slave in the EZS eeprom. I know the Master MAC in EZS DG128 is located at 00124-125, 00134-135, and 00144-145 on and 0012E-12F, 0013E-13F, and 0014E-14F and on a DG256 is on the same location as for DG128 but with a 00800 offset.
    Now can someone here please tell me where the Slave MAC is assigned on the EZS eeprom?
    Is something I'm missing here, i tried a few tests but car just starts up and cut off immediately.
    With immo off it runs fine, didn't test drive to check for transmission function, as the transmission TCM is also part of immobilizer system.

Best Regards.

J.J.
    Last edited by James MR2; 2nd August, 2019 at 08:58 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,616 Posts

Last edited by brend; 30th June, 2022 at 12:54 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Yes, EDC16CP34 on both ECU.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

Car will not move and your SAFE come from transmiison, it has immobilizer.
    Your problem is that your try to program ECU instead EVL.
    This is how will work, make both ECU immo on, write in EVL original file with other data form other car where EVL came from, then use ODIS and program EVL to car .Then do CP after that .

Someone here in DK had same problem and did like I wrote and all worked out.
    Last edited by immoneard; 29th March, 2021 at 03:59 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I tried exactly that online with Odis on the first place before anything. I got a new (used) ESL from another car and tried to program online with odis with all original files on ECUs, and on ESL with original files from the donor car i came off. When programming procedure started it switched the ignition on automatically meaning that the ESL is genuine and recognised by FAZIT, and the data transmitted from FAZIT to ESL matched the ESL CS and PIN, but after collecting data from ECU, got FAZIT ERROR FAZ1225E "MSG serial number is not associated with the VIN", which i assume the database did not recognized the ECU on this car.
    Tries option 3 in which if for when steering lock and ECUs have been replaced, and get FAZIT error FAZ1210E control unit is unusable and should therefore be replaced. This was with all the original files, without any modifications.

After that is when i changed data in ESL to match the ECU PIN, CS, MAC, and made a key for the steering lock. Key worked and unlocked steering lock and started the car, but was still immobized and cut off after 1 ou 2 seconds.

After that i made immo off on both ECUs and engine runs, but with SAFE displaying on trip screen, i wish to put things originally, immo on...etc.

I can't understand why the ECUs are not being recognized or accepted by FAZIT and going to replace both ECUs, would probably be more than what i actually paid for the car.

When i bought the car, the ECU on the right hand side of the vehicle near the coolant expansion bottle, had signs of been opened before, also the steering lock had been opened before and the key was not original, it was a ID-8E glass transponder chip, but the left ECU near the fuse box on the left side seemed to be intact, and sealed still. Obviously someone had been working on the car before and don't know what have been done.

But the car have been running despite all that, only remote not locking/unlocking due to a glass instead of a original EM4078 transponder used in the key.

Any ideas what could have happened?

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Let me post dumps from ESL and both ECUs later when back home for the masters of DK to analize pick up what is is wrong.

I belive if pin+cs+macs are set correctly matching ECU, ESL and key, problem would be sorted without need to go Online again, as component protection is sorted now.
    Key and ESL synchronization i belive it's fine, as the key works well on ESL.

Issue i think is synchronization between ESL and BOTH ECUs. If it was only one ECU i think would be much easier.
    Last edited by James MR2; 3rd August, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to James MR2 For This Useful Post:

immoneard (3rd August, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James MR2 View Post
    Let me post dumps from ESL and both ECUs later when back home for the masters of DK to analize pick up what is is wrong.

I belive if pin+cs+macs are set correctly matching ECU, ESL and key, problem would be sorted without need to go Online again, as component protection is sorted now.
    Key and ESL synchronization i belive it's fine, as the key works well on ESL.

Issue i think is synchronization between ESL and BOTH ECUs. If it was only one ECU i think would be much easier.
    I do not think you have problem with ECU and EVL, can will not start if this is a problem.
    If the car Automatic , then your problem is that Transmission do not match EVL.

Post dumps to see what you have . Need original ECU dumps before you chnage anything on it .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to immoneard For This Useful Post:

yugo45 (4th August, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Car is automatic but seems not associated with immobilizer system. No errors on trany TCM. Engine running fine with immo off.

Managed to get rid of the "SAFE" displayed in trip on dash.
    Going for a road test after tomorow maybe. Still finishing some stuff.
    Will keep immo off and test it on the road to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am looking to replace my Audi a1 2013 headunit that is faulty.
    I have now purchased three different headunits in hope it was plug and play however im still no better off accept one is a Q3 Nav Plus as this one has the bose activated already.
    The factory unit is as follows..

Delphi 18S VRMC Ccnt Nav
    8XO.035.193F
    SW 0801
    HW H53
    193F2835860912332117L
    This also includes the Bose amp fyi.

I have purchased a second hand replacement unit and took this time to upgrade to the following unit also out of an Audi A1

Delphi 12S RMC NAV PLUS
    8XA.035.192.F
    SW 0186
    HW62
    192F2856348718230008S

After installing everything in i am dealt with component protection error and no sounds.
    please can someone advise me of my options moving forward.

I can only access a friends VCDS and have an OBD11 reader Carista.
    Please please help!

I have the original ee prom so could i simply swap them over?

Thank you for your help.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You need to connect the car online with FAZIT using Odis and online access account. Search for someone with ODIS online access to do it for you, or you will need to have VAS tool and Odis software installed and online access account, ou someone with access to do it for you by TeamViewer.

Swapping your eeprom probably will not work right, as your original HW & SW are different from your donor.
    Probably read the EEPROM and try to find the CP string data and paste it into donor dump, sometimes also needed to copy/paste the SN as well.

Hope you get it right. Good luck.
    Last edited by James MR2; 22nd September, 2019 at 11:46 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to James MR2 For This Useful Post:

immoneard (29th March, 2021)