I have Motorised System from 42 East to 30 West loss of signal strength on mant sats?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have Motorised System from 42 East to 30 West loss of signal strength on mant sats?

Hello,

I have new Zgemma H9S stb fixed to my 20 year old motorized 95 Triax dish with Alsat Dark Motor, I have noticed a loss of signal strength for many sats and certain channels i watch, I have moved dish to 0.8 west and put on BBC channels and tried slight movement of dish up and down left and right and realigning reading on motor but either goes weaker signal or stays the same i get 60% signal strength 74% signal quality.

My satellite distance from dish to front room is about 35 feet and it has been working for over 20 years now, i recently changed lnb but that made no difference and also changed leads from motor to lnb, some of the 35 feet of cable is underground and i wonder as its not in any tubing could this be causing signal loss or is my set up slight out on the arch that motorized systems work on ??

Any advice or instruction guides would be most grateful
    Thanks in advance carmine70

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello again guys does no one use a motorized dish anymore ??

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i have a motorized system with a 1.2mtrs channel master dish i get a max signal of 70% on 1 west good signal on 13 16 19 23 east with a 30 mtr run of cable check the signal at the dish end with a meter if you have one then compare to the signal strength on the box i loose about 10% from dish to box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bandit boy View Post
    i have a motorized system with a 1.2mtrs channel master dish i get a max signal of 70% on 1 west good signal on 13 16 19 23 east with a 30 mtr run of cable check the signal at the dish end with a meter if you have one then compare to the signal strength on the box i loose about 10% from dish to box
    I have about 35 feet run from dish to box underground what frequency do you use to set dish up on 0.8 west ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bandit boy View Post
    I don't have a signal meter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just helping a friend and saw your post. You dont say what receiver you had before you bought the Zgemma H9S and I would not use one of those for a motorised set up. All STB receivers will have various quality tuners and you will only know which are best by a) asking and b) buying different ones. Technomate tm5402 have a brilliant tuner, spiderbox 9000 was very good, there was a humax years ago that was very good and used in central europe. I use a SOLO2 now and a tiviar, and and ET1000, very good. I have a zgemma h2s for wooshbuild but don't use it a lot, wont drive dish. I have alsat dark motor with a triax 1.1m dish BUT the importnat bit is the LNB and the best is the black ultra plus best quality sat cable. Most important of all is the set up everything has to be plumb straight, pole dish, motor. Imagine its a gun, when you point dish due south it should be dead straight, if it is then when you aim at satellite its dead on, 1 degree out on earth is 68 miles out in space.

I dont know wHere you are but say what image you have in box and are you using USALS. Then I can tell you how to tweak dish from your armchair. Say roughly where you are. I'm in west of ireland. On 0.8west Al jezzera english I get 100% signal and 9i% AGC but these can be image dependent but looks good. Using a solo2 and the black ultra.

PS I am using a openbh image.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebmitie View Post
    Just helping a friend and saw your post. You dont say what receiver you had before you bought the Zgemma H9S and I would not use one of those for a motorised set up. All STB receivers will have various quality tuners and you will only know which are best by a) asking and b) buying different ones. Technomate tm5402 have a brilliant tuner, spiderbox 9000 was very good, there was a humax years ago that was very good and used in central europe. I use a SOLO2 now and a tiviar, and and ET1000, very good. I have a zgemma h2s for wooshbuild but don't use it a lot, wont drive dish. I have alsat dark motor with a triax 1.1m dish BUT the importnat bit is the LNB and the best is the black ultra plus best quality sat cable. Most important of all is the set up everything has to be plumb straight, pole dish, motor. Imagine its a gun, when you point dish due south it should be dead straight, if it is then when you aim at satellite its dead on, 1 degree out on earth is 68 miles out in space.

I dont know wHere you are but say what image you have in box and are you using USALS. Then I can tell you how to tweak dish from your armchair. Say roughly where you are. I'm in west of ireland. On 0.8west Al jezzera english I get 100% signal and 9i% AGC but these can be image dependent but looks good. Using a solo2 and the black ultra.

PS I am using a openbh image.
    I have Zgemma H9S box with 95 cm fish using Openpli 7.0 image, I use to have vu duo+ box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Are you using USALS? That image is quite new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you using USALS? That image is quite new.
    Been using image for over 3 months. I am using positioner set up for my motorized dish from 42 east to 30 west by inputting longitude and latitude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

that is called USALS. To tweak your dish do this, select sat 0.8west and go to channel al jeezera english, that is very strong. Stay on that channel and go menu, set up, service seaching, positioner set up, You will see various options via the coloured buttons, go to fine movement and step dish east or west and you may see signal improvement. If it improves by moving west exit out and increase your longitude in small movements. for east you decrease. You can also change the latitude if you wish. press green to save. You can try the other options if you wish.

It may work. I'll check my zgemma on aljeera and see what reading I get, I use wooshbuild in zgemma.

Its just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for advice please let us know if it helps a little if so I will give it a go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that is called USALS. To tweak your dish do this, select sat 0.8west and go to channel al jeezera english, that is very strong. Stay on that channel and go menu, set up, service seaching, positioner set up, You will see various options via the coloured buttons, go to fine movement and step dish east or west and you may see signal improvement. If it improves by moving west exit out and increase your longitude in small movements. for east you decrease. You can also change the latitude if you wish. press green to save. You can try the other options if you wish.

It may work. I'll check my zgemma on aljeera and see what reading I get, I use wooshbuild in zgemma.

Its just an idea.
    Hi,

Just tried moving west and east and found moving east with two presses of yellow button i got 1% more and it stays at 65%, I know i still have to replace satellite cable as it has detiriated underground for 20 years and lnb holder is broken but what should i do with longtitude and latitude again ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also find it very strange how as i use 13 east a lot for italian channels for family and some like rai are 70% but others like Rai sport are only 45%, Hotbird is one of the stronger sats never been that low ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

changing subject slightly what satellite cable would you recommend its all mainly to run outdoors RG6 no good or is it ok what do you guys prefer to use ??