Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default RangeRover Vogue L322 2012 ABS speed sensor problem

Hey Guys, I got a RangeRover 2012 model in the workshop. The Vehicle had faultcodes which were showing up in the dash. Faults were ranging from Parking Brake canbus errors, TCM p0500 vehicle speed sensor and various others mostly relating to error in communication between ABS module and rest of control modules. I noticed after clearing the codes there were two codes which triggered all the rest of them..ABS wheel speed sensor Front Right and Rear Right. Client ordered all four speed sensors. I had to drill the old ones out because of rust as they were fused with the hubs. After replacement the vehicle now shows errors in Front Left and Rear Left consistently.. I swapped the sensors yet it shows the same code as soon as I accelerate the vehicle. The other codes which come up are Parking Brake and TCM vehicle speed sensor. When I check live data with my Launch X431 pro all the sensors seem to be working well yet I don’t know what triggers the codes..I checked Driveshaft reluctor rings and they don’t look damaged. Can it be the ABS module itself? Please help if you have any experience with this kind of problem. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

How are the tyres? are they all the same size with similar wear?
    Check around the ecu's on the left hand side of the engine bay, I think from memory there are 3 different computers and various connectors there, typical landrover, bad quality connectors etc, very easy for moisture to get in, check for corrosion.
    Also check the wiring underneath and around the suspension pivot points for chafing, etc.
    Check the resistance on the canbus between CAN H and L. See what resistance you get.
    There are also a multitude of earth points in the engine bay, a bad earth could easily cause those sorts of shenanigans.
    It could be the abs module, or anything for that matter, but I would be inclined too think its more wiring related... but without seeing the vehicle in person, thats only a guess.
    Having an issue whilst accelerating and faults on one side of the car, it may be the engine is shifting slightly and rubbing on bare wiring, or a break in a wire in a harness or something weird going on...
    Being able too see live data from the speed sensors, doesn't rule out the abs module completely, but it does suggest at least in part its working, as well as CAN communication too a degree,
    Hope it helps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FordFanatic For This Useful Post:

devilsadvocate (12th June, 2019), Meat-Head (16th June, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Had loads of bother with rust under the reluctor rings on these nails. Rust gets under them and they become slightly oval. You can't see the error s just looking at wheel speeds, you need to look at the speeds in graph mode. If there are no visible spikes then I don't know. I have seen CAN fault codes just for bad sensors or bad rings. Not just on Range Rovers, Iveco's do this.
    Last edited by Dunker; 14th June, 2019 at 10:14 PM.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dunker For This Useful Post:

devilsadvocate (14th June, 2019), Meat-Head (16th June, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check the rings again