Register

Thread: PASSAT B7 HELP

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default PASSAT B7 HELP

Hello friends, I have a vw passat b7 with a strange problem.

At first, the instrument panel and the radio were switched off completely.

After performing several tests, I realized that no current came to the radio or the instrument panel.

I unplugged the radio and put the box to work, and every time I plug in the radio it turns off everything and I stop having a positive signal on both devices.

the radio in the bench testing out and it works properly, I have a consumption of 1.20 amps on the radio, can anyone tell me if it is too much?

The vehicle with the radio unplugged works correctly, the radio is 2 din radio with RNS 315 navigator.

I suspect that the radio consumes too much current and the voltage regulator module cuts the signal for safety.

Thanks in advance

ĦĦĦĦĦĦIf my information served to help you, please click on THANKS + REPUTATION!!!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

That radio has consumption about 0.9-1A, with CD load is about 1.2-1.3A.

I have few times similar problem on VW vehicles and always was problem in electric part of steering lock....

Regards

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hi
    The maximum power consumption after passing the controllers to sleep mode is 0.06 A. Check the power consumption after 5 minutes from the car remote control. Mate tomic19 is right, check the electric steering lock.