Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Golf V instrument cluster swap need help

pls help, i have a vw golf V, with instrument cluster defective, buy other, extract pin code with fvdi2015, when i try to code with vcds, accept security code, but when adapt is apear malfunction, i copy with fvdi all immo data, from old cluster to new one, now car starts, no error on dash, but abs and esp light on, on abs error, incorect coded module, try to recode, same result.
    anyone can help me, i did everything i now, if it maters, car ia from 2008, cluster is vdo from 2004

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

You need to re-encode the abs controller, Or maybe the newer meter has different pins?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

abs was recoded, no sucess

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

From what I remember, the 2004 meter differs from that of 2008 but I'm not 100% sure

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stopro92 View Post
    You need to re-encode the abs controller, Or maybe the newer meter has different pins?
    i, dont't think is for pins, i try other cluster, abs off, when i try to recode, chanel 50 was unavaible, try again with immo data from fvdi, car starts, abs and esp on, prob is when i transfer immo data, but i don't understand why i can recode with vcds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

NEW CLUSTER FROM2004 AND N
    OLD FROM 2008 THAT IS NOT OK NEW CLUSTER NOT WORKING ON YOU CAR PINOUT AND NOT WORKING SUCESFUL