Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Virginize a DME ME9.2 0261209020 from a 545I

Hi , new in the forum, my DME has water damage, I got one from a donor, how can I do the process of virginize it, I did some similar years ago with a E39 but can't remember what needs to be done, any help ?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hi,

if you can read (via BDM) the original ecu, just copy all data to the new ecu, if not you have to read the new ecu via BDM and post the files.
    So at first you need a BDM-Tool .
    regards

SP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, 6 montha ago I bought a 2004 545i with DME 0261209010 and cas2, in some time in the past it had watter damage and some one replace the DME, cas and key. Mi problem is that I need to change VIN in cas and DME and adjust kilometer becuase its causing a lot or errors (my KOMI has less kilometers). Also since my car is EURO type and the DME is form a USA car I need to reprogram DME SW with the EURO SW but I dont know wich is the right one. Already read the DME files in BDM and for the moment waithing for cas2 reader to read files. Can some please help me guiding me on how to change the info in files and the correct sw number for my VIN.