Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Default Renault Code letters to number conversion chart

Hello

Still having trouble with these friggin VA2 Keys.

Would anyone have letter to number conversion please?

Trying to work out if I can drop a number or add etc so have workable formula for A9

Thanks 👍🏻

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Sure it's not VA6 you should be using

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fred77 For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (5th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Sorry yes VA6 was wanting chart to see if can input numbers instead of letters to see if it understands code. Renault is giving wild grief on A9. Even the likes of Trafic have to use Vivario. Trying to get to bottom of Renault on this

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

On AKL I use to struggle but now use Lishi quad-lifter to decode lock and then straight into A5.
    On spare I just duplicate w manual machine which saves me major headaches.

sure somebody with better technical know-how can share a chart or explain better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fred77 For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (5th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Fred

4 lifter I ordered is due in tomorrow was able to do this one with Mr. Li VA2 pick this morning opened and decode

Aug 2007 Clio codes BDEDEB

Put into A9 as Citroen Berlingo cut key 100%.

I think it’s newer Clio is 4 lifter with H code but not sure. Hate these Clios you’ve NE72, VA2 and VA6 all around same year 😬

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

jimmy you are approaching it wrong , your issue is nothing to do with the A9 , its all down to the wrong pick and decoder used , you need the 4 lifter tool , get your reading and enter your reading into the machine under ic card 1126 and cut the correct key , A5 , A6 and A9 users are all doing these , so get the correct tool get the correct code , enter it and cut it .

you are making life very hard for yourself trying to convert readings from a va2 abcdef series tool to a va6 , though this said you can work out the rough key from the va2 reading , all the info you need for this is in instacode and a biit of grey matter. look at the ABCDEF series cut heights ;

A = 110
    B = 150
    C = 190
    D = 230
    E = 270
    F = 310

then look at the 1234Q5678H series info

cuts 4 , 8 = 105 on their respective tracks
    cuts 3 , 7 = 190
    cuts 2 , 6 = 265
    cuts 1 , 5 = 335

so when looking at the cut heights for both series you can see that only 1 cut height is exactly the same between both series and thats the C cut or 3 and 7 cut , the rest differ slightly in height , the other obvious point is that cuts B and D are not used in the 12345678HQ series as no where near a matching cut , so this tells you that it may be possible to cut a rough key using the va2 tool reading as follws

A read will match a 4 , 8 , H , Q cut
    C read will match a 3 or 7 cut
    E read will match a 2 or 6 cut
    F read will match a 1 or 5 cut

but its a very rough match especially on the f readings , you then need to ensure if using the ABCDEF series to cut the hard job will be cutting to correct tracks , if converting from ACEF reads to numbers for 1234Q5678H series and cutting on 1126 card you will cut a roughly the right key but never exactly the right key and then inverted wafers will still throw you a curve ball as the single lift tool cannot id the inverted wafers .

so the simple solution is to use the correct tool and the correct cutting card and life becomes very easy , thanks to lishi tools renault keys such as NE72 , VA2 , VA6 , VAC102 are all now very easy and very quick jobs to decode and cut the correct key , id be over the moon to do renault all keys lost jobs all day long as dead straight forward once you research and learn the locks

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (5th July, 2019), Manta1600 (5th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Thanks for info 👍🏻👍🏻

Your right about tools ordered the Lishi 4 lifter but said it was on back order and wouldn’t be until August. Got a Mr.Li one delivered this afternoon from another supplier. I had no intention doing any Clios AKL until I mastered 4 lifter but this one was friends son so was obligated and had to use tools at hand as ordered a code it never came either 😬

Anyway picked it with VA2 in minutes managed to decode and cut under Berlingo. Best of a bad job but worked out fine on this one.

I’ll study the 4 lifter and instacode Renault over the weekend and hit the auction on Monday for practice. I’ll check card numbers on A9 and pick a few and cut some blanks until I get it.

HU101 is coming on really good so Renault is in my sights for next Lishi sessions.

Starting to get my head round Renault and I’ll get it cracked with Picks, card numbers and A9 over the next week

Thanks for your ongoing support and help 👍🏻