Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Peugeot BSI Help.

I am currently encountering several Peugeot/Citroen suffering from a mix of electrical faults in separate electrical circuits. it always points out to the BSI.

Currently i have a 406 and a partner both similar faults, and both wont start.
    the 406 has also light that stay on.
    the partner has also several fault codes, so far i found that windows dont work either.

Unless there is a known common BSI inspection. I feel its going to take a while before i start following each input and output of each failed function.

My question is, what fails in the BSIs? is there a common fault to it? ie: Mechanical/ Solidstate Relays?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Last time I had to fix a Citroen C3 of which the BSI was burned.

I understood from the garage that they had intermittend faults and activations.
    They dis-assembled the original and the used one from the yard and assembled together the original electronics board with the yard relay board.

Car started and did run fine for few days without any problem.. till the BSI caugt fire...
    When I checked the burned boards I knew that they did a bad soldering job on the interconnections between the boards. That was the reason for heat build up and the fire.

I got another used one from the yard and did teach in all parameters with Lexia.
    Car starts and runs again. Still have to see if there are any intermittend activations etc.

So, I gues that the relay board was the actual problem on the original BSI unit.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Bsi don,t like a bad battery or jump cables. I have to fit new battery and then follow special sequence to reset bsi. Surprising what comes back sometimes.